Turn on thread page Beta

Archive FTBL/0002/REC/HPOO watch

• View Poll Results: liverpool vs west ham cup final vote for the winner
    west ham
    39.02%
    liverpool
    60.98%

ReputationRep:
    rooney cud be back within 6 weeks..it is possible. with the top physios and professionals for his every need, i can really see him being back and fit either by 6 weeks or before. people playing at that level in any sport do have an advantage when it comes to medical help. depending how bad the break is will determine speed of recovery. im sure it sed on the news a fracture? i have confidence he wil bebak in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_H_G)
    Newcastle job is up for grabs .
    I think glenn Roeder and Shearer will be given the job full time

ReputationRep:
    He will be in the squad no matter what. Lets face it, a half fit Rooney is better than a malnourished beanpole. If we can get to the 1/4 finals without him, then he may be fit to slot back into the team for the latter stages of the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Red Phoenix*)
    I think glenn Roeder and Shearer will be given the job full time
    Roeder has been given special permission to continue til the end of the season despite not having the relevant coaching qualification. Newcastle have already been told that can't continue into next season, but there aren't any spaces on the course for him to get the badges he needs before then, so he can't be appointed as manager. I don't know what qualifications Shearer has, but as far as i know he doesn't have the UEFA coaching A badge either, or whatever it is he'd need.

ReputationRep:
    ---------------Buffon-----------

Zanetti Ferdinand Cannavaro A.Cole
    -------------Xavi------------------
    --- Gerrard Riquelme Ronaldinho ----
    ------Shevchenko Henry-------

Zanetti is questionable, but there's no one that really stands out as the best RB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.O.S)
    ---------------Buffon-----------

Zanetti Ferdinand Cannavaro A.Cole
    -------------Xavi------------------
    --- Gerrard Riquelme Ronaldinho ----
    ------Shevchenko Henry-------

Zanetti is questionable, but there's no one that really stands out as the best RB.
    Finally someone had sense and put Cannavaro over Nesta! For some reason everyone puts Nesta in even though Cannavaro has been the best defender in Serie A for the last 2 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_H_G)
    He will be in the squad no matter what. Lets face it, a half fit Rooney is better than a malnourished beanpole. If we can get to the 1/4 finals without him, then he may be fit to slot back into the team for the latter stages of the tournament.
    You mean that england player that has stats to back him up that proves england play best with him? I hope Crouch gets a run out with owen for the world cup it would do wonders i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Finally someone had sense and put Cannavaro over Nesta! For some reason everyone puts Nesta in even though Cannavaro has been the best defender in Serie A for the last 2 seasons.
    But then he ruins it by sticking in coke head.

ReputationRep:
    if you guys are having duff and pirlo in your teams then i shall have patrick vieira in mine!!!!

also, as we are talking about current best, theres someone who has not conceded in the last ten european games, ask riquelme!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    But then he ruins it by sticking in coke head.
    Yep, he was terrible today. He just seems so error prone. He can be great on his day, but he has too many off days and lapses in concentration that you have to ask is he really worth the risk for England when you have someone extrmely reliable like Caragher on the bench?

(Original post by President_Ben)
    I'm going to stick my neck right out and claim outrageously that he's probably out for 6 weeks with a fracture or break of some sort in his foot.

Returning in time for the 2nd or 3rd game of the group stage.
    Ahem.

Yes, thank you, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Someone put Eto'o in their team. I don't understand the appeal. He has inconsistent finishing ability, over the 10ish games I've seen him in this past year... Ronaldinho gives him a lot of playmaking upfront, which he often wastes... And yes, he is fast, but he often loses the ball before releasing it and doesn't seem to know when to quit that and get a cross in.

I think he would play well on the wing, or could be replaced by a more finishing forward...

And if anyone mentions Henry, they will get beatings

Lol
    Eto'o is truely immense. Hasn't played that well in the champions league recently, hence his lower portrayal in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ba_ba1)
    Yep, he was terrible today. He just seems so error prone. He can be great on his day, but he has too many off days and lapses in concentration that you have to ask is he really worth the risk for England when you have someone extrmely reliable like Caragher on the bench?
    Carragher will never break into the England XI while Sven is in charge because his name doesnt fit.
    He has had a few mares' for england, but playing him in his rightful position might help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.O.S)

Nobody really stands out but there are alternatives, even though i think Zanetti is still the best. Mancini, Belleti, Sagnol, Cicinho, Zambrotta (although he's brilliant wherever he plays), D Alves, Trabelsi- most of these guys are offensive minded but hey that's the nature of the modern game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_pauline_x)
    rooney cud be back within 6 weeks..it is possible. with the top physios and professionals for his every need, i can really see him being back and fit either by 6 weeks or before. people playing at that level in any sport do have an advantage when it comes to medical help. depending how bad the break is will determine speed of recovery. im sure it sed on the news a fracture? i have confidence he wil bebak in time.
    He could have recovered from his injury in 6 weeks, but he still wont be fit and he would lack match practice.

I think Sven will take him because if England lose and Rooney didnt play, he'd never hear the end of it. Its a big risk though , taking 2 strikers who are both carrying injuries. Italy did the same thing with Del Piero in 98, and Portugal did it with Rui Costa and Figo in 02. All 3 were spectacular flops at those tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Nobody really stands out but there are alternatives, even though i think Zanetti is still the best. Mancini, Belleti, Sagnol, Cicinho, Zambrotta (although he's brilliant wherever he plays), D Alves, Trabelsi- most of these guys are offensive minded but hey that's the nature of the modern game.
    Agreed - Zanetti is still the best and has been for the last 10 years IMO. He is extremely consistant, good going forward and backwards and hardly ever gives the ball away. Just a shame he's played for Inter all this time. Sagnol is also very good IMO. Panucci has also had an excellent season.

ReputationRep:
    Seemed a bit of an odd time to resign... The players only found out when they went into the dressing room after their warm up... so did the fans. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calderstonesLFC)
    Im sorry, but im not that much of a hypocrite to change my opinion just because he puts on an england top.
    I hate him as a person, as a footballer he is quality. But anyone who shows disrespect to his routs by selling to the sun gets no sympathy.
    I dont care about him as a person I care about his footballing ability and our chances at the world cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Ahem.

Yes, thank you, thank you.
    Yeah great, you want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    Of course he will take him if he has recovered within 6 weeks, even if he isnt at full fitness

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.