The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It varies, about a third of people don't even have then under the gums, other peoples don't come out until they are 30+ but my personal experience is they appear when you don't want then.

Mine came t the bottom 2 months ago and for weeks during my GCSE exams I was in agony. Not that I'm bitter!
Reply 2
Mine started coming through when I was about 17, Im now 21 and I have all four. It was quite painful although my dentist didnt suggest taking them out, I suppose it depends on how severe the situation is.
Reply 3
mine came when i was 10.

(pulls a horrified expression)
Reply 4
They usually appear between the ages of 18-20, but some people don't get them till later and some don't get them at all....lucky! Im 18 and havn't got mine yet, i'm not looking forward to it. :frown: They only need to be reomoved if they push against the next to them which can be very painful.
Reply 5
Random One- Seriously? Ouch- you must have been in a lot of pain! Did you have them out?
Reply 6
no its still in :p:
Reply 7
They hurt like hell whenever you get them, so doesn't really matter. I started getting mine when I was around 18 and they slowly came through for 2 years or so, I'm now 20 and *I think* they're finished coming through, as they haven't hurt for a good few months now! :smile:
mine are being awekward.... well rather... the one that has decided to come thru.
only one has broke thru the gum so far but my ridiculous habbit of healing fast is now turning out to be bad.
so it randomly gones thru... blood yuck... 3 days later its back to how it was again... then it rpeates the same thing every now and then!
i think i have like a tiny tiny bit showing. i have to go see dentist to make sure the thing is coming out right of its its on its side :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 9
i just started getting them the last couple of months, and i'm 17. it varies though with different people, some of my mates have had all of them through.
i got 2/4 out and im 18... it was painful but bearable.
Reply 11
i can feel the two on the bottom gum coming through now - i can feel the top of them with my tongue, and i must say they dont hurt at all!
Yeh they do hurt although it feels weird when u have 1/4, like you want to pull it out.
Reply 13
I'm 18 and I have the tips of one just poking through. every now and then my gums get swollen and I'm sure that's what it is, but nothing happens :confused:
Reply 14
Haven't got any yet, and I'm 20 :eek:
I don't want them really.
Reply 15
im 18 just started gettin my first one through oh the pain!! no wonder babies cry when theyre teethin!!
Reply 16
i think i got the first coming through when i was 15ish maybe before that. 3 are through now but one hasnt started coming through at all yet.

they came bit by bit in no particular pattern as far as i can tell.
Reply 17
Random one
mine came when i was 10.

(pulls a horrified expression)

were they really your wisdom teeth? because we do have a set of molars that come through around age 10, the ANOTHER set at 18ish.

I'm 19, and mine have just appeared through the gums. don't hurt at the moment! but they have on and off for a year or so.
Reply 18
my dentist told me a woman of 76 was just getting them at that age!!!

i'm 21, i've got three coming through (excruciatingly slowly!) and one nowhere in sight!
According to my orthodentist I will only ever get 3. She saw on my x-ray that one was missing on the left side. Can't remember which though.

Latest

Trending

Trending