Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have a friend you can trust 100% watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeah i trust my best friend 100% i know i could tell her ANYTHING, then i got another friend that i would tell just about everything but i know theres a chance she might tell someone, not in a gossip way, but she might talk to her mum about it or something. if i was really upset i'd leave my house (grabbing the chocolate and tissues on the way out) and go round to my best friends house, becuase she lives on her own, well just with other people, not family.

ReputationRep:
    Trust in what way? I do tell some friends very private stuff...I dunno.

ReputationRep:
    I thought i did. i just keep everything to myself

ReputationRep:
    I have a few who I trust pretty much 100% and I feel very lucky that I do as I've really needed them the last few months. I talk to friends about different things, depending on what our relationship is like and where our similarities lie. 3 friends from secondary school I now trust very much, and my flatmates from uni I trust too even though i've known them a very short period of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    You know when your feeling really down, and you like you’ve got the weight of the world resting on you. you really feel like you need a good old chat, and someone to share things with. How many of you would say you have a friend you can trust fully 100%? Like kind of pick up the phone, and then they come around armed with bottles of wine (and sometimes tissues lol ) I have loads of friends, but I realised the other day, I don’t have a friend I can talk to about something, and who keep it secret. Lately, I’ve really been missing that. I dont feel like I trust them enough to tell them.
    Well if you can't trust your friends, then c'mon, they're not "friends" - they're just aquaintences (sp?). When someone is a friend - they can be trusted, they care and they're there for you as far as it allowes (eg, they can't always be there but they'll try).

I talk quite easily except now I'm looking forward to uni and I'm gonna learn to just keep quiet - sorta learnt from the past talking so easily isn't always a good idea. But yeh I have a few friends, and also a few people I know and like but aren't exactly friends-friends if you get me - and I can trust all of them and then I also got a bit of a mentor-type person from online - she's a bit like my agony aunt except she actually cares. And above all I know I can trust God, if God counts, in your context

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have a friend thats like brother to me. Ive known him all my life and would trust him with anything.

ReputationRep:
    i've had my trust abused so much in the past, by my friends, all at least once. I've learnt that you can't trust anyone 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    I think i can only trust one of my sister 100%, cant trust my mum, she read my diary once and i still haven't forgiven her. I can probs trust my bf 100%, but then most of my deep secrets are things i might not want him to know!
    Oh my goodness your mun read your diary? :eek: My parents would never do that - they've never looked through our stuff all my life, in my room or on the computer. My mum likes her privacy and she respects ours too, which is cool.
    Although some of her thinking is just that little bit old-fashioned so I don't talk to her - sometimes I think I should start cus once she's gone (not that she's dying but you know) - but once she's gone, that's it I'm not gonna have another mum Now that I'm gonna be off to uni so soon I'm thinking I want a closer relationship with mum, really

And my sister yeh I can trust her heh spent ages talking about my ex and God with her last night! then we ended up playing Nintendo at 3am hehe cus we haven't played in absolutely YEARS!

ReputationRep:
    hey y'all. i can trust my boyfriend 100%, have 6 friends i have a really close relationship with (even though one lives in ny!) and could tell them anything. also my sister and i are very close, she's probably my best friend.
    pheebs xxx

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of friends that I trust and I tell them everything. I'm sure they discuss my problems among themselves, but I don't really care. I trust that they are just trying to help, and as long as they don't do it in front of me I don't have a problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    i have a couple of friends especially one who i would tell anything, even if it was gross and embarrassing, this friend i've known going on 10 years so i trust her very much with anything completely and we have our own little idiosyncrasies so its like we communicate in our own little private world i would never talk about anything of importance with my dad and lots of stuff i wouldn't discuss with my mum, i like secrecy ...

ReputationRep:
    and i'm adding another one to my list. so i think thats 6 now or 7.

ReputationRep:
    I trust my boyfriend 100% - I've told him things no-one else knows or ever will know, and he's always there when I need to talk, never judges me and is faithful and trustworthy. I've never had any of that with any female friends, maybe cos we weren't close enough. It does take time and patience to trust someone that implicitly though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraJane14)
    I trust my boyfriend 100% - I've told him things no-one else knows or ever will know, and he's always there when I need to talk, never judges me and is faithful and trustworthy. I've never had any of that with any female friends, maybe cos we weren't close enough. It does take time and patience to trust someone that implicitly though.
    Absolutely ditto to every word!

ReputationRep:
    I trust one of my friends 100%
    yet, I do not share every thing with him
    I prefer to keep some small secrets for myself

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend is also my best friend (we were best friends before we got together) so i completly trust him. no1 else though

in a way though its easier to talk to strangers on tsr than to ur mates about *issues*

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, no :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    in a way though its easier to talk to strangers on tsr than to ur mates about *issues*

Yeah i agree, strange isnt it

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend that i can trust 100% and hes a guy and a cute sweet guy i fancy aswell and he knows that, it just hasn't got that far yet unfortunatly!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, good thread. My mum obviously qualifies but moving on to people more my own age...
    I have a cousin whom I trust completely, 100%. I don't know how it came to be: she's 6 years older than me and currently lives in California. But I went through a bit of a crappy year this year and she was there (not literally obviously), but with me every step of the way. Which I thought, given I'm sure she has plenty of better things to do, was very very nice indeed. Obviously the fact that she is in America hinders the 'coming round with chocolates and tissues' element but she did once ring me all the way from the US when I was a bit morose in an msn conversation and I thought that was bloody good of her. So yes, despite some practical restrictions, I would definitely consider her someone I could trust 100%.
    Actually, one of the main reasons my year has been crappy has been the loss (through falling out) of two, pretty much three of my closest friends, including my best friend of 12 years. I could trust them and tell them pretty much everything. Obviously, I can't now. That sucks. It would seem though, that this hasn't made me any less trusting. I'm pretty open with all my friends and I'm very trusting so I guess being able to talk to people isn't an issue. Funny how twelve months of counsilling makes you comfortable talking about pretty much anything. :rolleyes: At the moment, I guess I have four friends who I could talk to about most things, but I don't see much of three of them now that we've finished college. The other I can spill to on msn, and she only lives round the corner, so that's ace, and she's a great friend. I do miss having a mate I could just ring at anytime and say 'please come and cheer me up' though but hopefully things will change at uni.
    Sorry for the mega long post! I get carried away on these things. :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.