Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the ad for Freshers Week 2005?

The theme is Viva Las Vegas - WICKED!!!

ReputationRep:
    wher was it advertised?

ReputationRep:
    saw that yesterday ... looks cool

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a link to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atonement)
    Anyone got a link to it?

Its not actually the theme to Freshers Week guys its the theme to the the black tie Freshers Ball which is held at the Octagon on October 1st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephenson JCR)
    Its not actually the theme to Freshers Week guys its the theme to the the black tie Freshers Ball which is held at the Octagon on October 1st
    Oops... I meant to write Freshers Ball!! :rolleyes:

How much are the tickets usually and, more importantly, is it worth paying for?

ReputationRep:
    the fresher's ball was OKAY but it wasn't spectacular! the ticket was around 25-30 quid i think!! i'm not totally sure!! it was a good laff but i don't think it was worth the money on top of dress/shoes/bag!! lol.
    i went & had a good time NEways!!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to it, and people I know who did go said it was a bit of a let-down.

ReputationRep:
    If you are in self catered can you still go to the ball?

ReputationRep:
    yeh....the ball is run by the union so it's open to all freshers! u can count on some 2nd/3rd years at the fresher events as well...esp the ones on in the city centre!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickleangel)
    yeh....the ball is run by the union so it's open to all freshers! u can count on some 2nd/3rd years at the fresher events as well...esp the ones on in the city centre!!
    o0o0o0 yey I really hope I get my grades. I thought it was just for people in halls so thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    freshers ball last yr was good, but was really expensive, plus u goto pay for drinks n that!!!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.