Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically...after i re-took my AS Levels, all i got was an a4 piece of paper telling me what grades i got in the re-takes. I haven't got anything else to confirm that they have replaced my original grades, and i am stressing that when i get my A-Level results on the 18th the new grades won't have taken effect. Has anyone received a new results slip to confirm that their grades have been updated? Am i just being paranoid ?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well if they were higher then they replace the original grades, if they're not they don't. No need to be worried.

ReputationRep:
    If it's wrong when you get your final grades then they'l be able to sort it out... don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    When I repeated my AS in January, the grade will stay the same because it depends on how well you do in your modular resits. If you do better and your grade is higher (e.g. from C to B), it might change. The resit module grade will be in bold meaning that it is the resit you have done.

ReputationRep:
    cool

ReputationRep:
    The extra ums points will automatically be added to your Alevel, don't worry! I had the same thought the other day

ReputationRep:
    i think if you retake twice, the original 1st grade doesn't count and your 2 retakes do, so if your original 1st grade was the best, it gets ruled out. Something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gordon2002)
    i think if you retake twice, the original 1st grade doesn't count and your 2 retakes do, so if your original 1st grade was the best, it gets ruled out. Something like that.
    that used to be the case a few years ago. you can now retake as many times as you want before cashing in your A level, and the best grade counts.

ReputationRep:
    They changed that, and thank god they did - My school re-entered me twice for an exam i got an A in first time (did worse on retakes) :banghead: I didn't even know that they had entered me until i got into exam hall and found an extra paper on my desk. Their excuse was 'It's the UMS that counts, not the grade' :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pemj)
    They changed that, and thank god they did - My school re-entered me twice for an exam i got an A in first time (did worse on retakes) :banghead: I didn't even know that they had entered me until i got into exam hall and found an extra paper on my desk. Their excuse was 'It's the UMS that counts, not the grade' :mad:
    lol, how come they re-entered you without asking?

ReputationRep:
    lol, how come they re-entered you without asking?
    I dunno - my school have a reputation of thinking they know whats best for us. The second time they re-entered me for it i went to see the exam officer the day before to make sure i hadn't been entered and she assured me that i hadn't yet when i got into the exam hall it was on my desk :wtf?:

It's probably because they don't like me

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.