The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

IMPERIAL BAABYYY!!!
Then UCL !!! woop :biggrin:
either Barts/Kings/Newcastle/Manchester..

oh wait :p:...
gtmad
princeton-plainsboro teaching hospital

THIS MAN WINS
Reply 43
Cardiff - love the course, the city etc. (:
Reply 44
Edinburgh... was the best place to study medicine in the last century.
It was founded by doctors from Leiden, Netherlands, which was the best place to study medicine for the centuries before that and is now the best again.
Reply 45
i'm no superman
wtf? leave out george's then bitch? :hand: :plz2:

Lol I knew I was missing one! Sorrryyyyy :p:
Reply 46
Cambridge... but they rejected me, so King's it is! :P
Reply 47
Cambridge or UCL
i'm no superman
that sounds strangely familiar to the george's song! :rofl:

lyrics:

to be fair, ucl isn't a dump in central london...i've never quite understood why we sing that line when we're based in tooting! :dunce:

we don't mention gimperial either. they're full of gimps anyway. :h:

I know someone who is also fresher at st. Georges :biggrin:

Then again I have friends at most of the med schools now!
Reply 49
Brighton & Sussex :love:
Reply 50
Harvard.
Reply 51
newcastle and durham.

the perfect mix of ultimate nightlife and value, combined wif lovely poshy oxbridge-type buildings and colleges which you arent chained too (aye, you can do both in one degree as well :biggrin: ).
Gizmo!
newcastle and durham.

the perfect mix of ultimate nightlife and value, combined wif lovely poshy oxbridge-type buildings and colleges (aye, you can do both in one degree as well :biggrin: )

It's just that the Durham part is in a remote campus (45min by bus to Durham) in a rather dull spot. Although that bar overlooking the river is pretty cool, but it isn't oxbridge-type.
JordanCarroll
THIS MAN WINS

:facepalm2:

It's not a med school; it's a teaching hospital.
Newcastle, the course is great and I could talk forever about how much I love the Newcastle itself :love: Really wouldn't go anywhere else if I had the chance.
Reply 55
Ummm, Cambridge or Barts or Imperial. :biggrin:
Jessaay!
I am a student there!

I'd say catered is better for meeting a mix of people. For example, people in self-catered halls have a tendancy to form friendships with mostly people from their floor and flat, whereas in catered you can form friendships with a variety of people and meet people who are also doing medicine etc. I know a few people are getting really impatient with the cooking thing as well now, it's a bit annoying having to buy and cook food every day I guess, whereas in catered halls you have it done for you!

On the down side, catered halls aren't that brilliant for fussy people (I'm quite easily satisfied with food so I'm fine with catered food), and if you miss meal time it feels a bit of a waste.

I love that though. We are abit like a family :h:

And yes clearly Imperial is the best.
We get firms in yr 2 = we win (I see no flaw whatsoever in this argument)
i'm no superman
it's probably best not to...not until the clocks go forward in march 2010 at least...when there's actually light during the day.
(having said that, it hasn't stopped some naughty individuals though! :colone:)

:fyi: the grocery is real cheap here. tooting market is worth a browse too. they sell stuffed pheasants and turtles!

:rofl: tooting :rofl:

I like the fact I can stagger home drunk solo at 2am where I am :p:

Though food shopping is expensive. Nearest 2 supermarkets ar M&S and waitrose. Then a whole foods store that sells bottled glacial meltwater.
GKT, there really is no other place to be.
Mushi_master
GKT, there really is no other place to be.

Boo! Hiss!

:p:

When something goes wrong we say we are form GKT :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending