Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    Try reading the first post, they're from KENYA :stupid:
    What business is it of yours how a charity spends its money?

ReputationRep:
    Read the article. The mother is a Briton.

ReputationRep:
    No, the parents are BRITISH, so again, what problem do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Both my brothers were born in Kenya. Both have full British passports, just like mine (born in Kent). What's your point?

Oh, what am I doing? * Repeats* Don't feed the troll...

* Resigns from thread *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    Well maybe she just likes to argue....
    A magiccarpet in reincarnation me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    No, the parents are BRITISH, so again, what problem do you have?
    The mother is British and the father is Kenyan.

ReputationRep:
    I think this debate ended when ST accused the president of the charity lieing about his donation to Freddie, accusing him of using charity money and passing it off as his own.

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty self explanatory. Nick Griffin is a narrow minded little bigot. Do I need to elaborate further? I mean, this girl is Cambridge educated, and probably thinks herself as someone who knows what they're on about. But so does he...... :rolleyes:
    The way you bring Cambridge into it makes you sound very jealous. It's completely irrelevant to the thread and if that's the only thing you can think to insult me on...well I enjoy the fact I'm at Cambridge so it won't work :rolleyes: Visesh has a place at Cambridge also, so I'd watch what you say.

LOL if you think Cambridge is full of bigots :rofl: No darling, it's full of much more intelligent people than you and me. Stephen Hawking is at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Straight talker, you don't have a leg to stand on!
    That is in really poor taste and I think you should retract that statement because that's really offensive :eek: You do know there are people using this site who don't have limbs, don't you? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Well if you're aware of that, why on earth did you say:

"Sorry british kid, you can't have your life saving treatment today, this kenyan kid is more important than you."

When that isn't even going to be an issue in this case.
    Because someone asked about priorities, and since we're talking about britain and kenya it seemed more simple than introducing another country, eg france, and confusing everyone. Although it seems to have confused you. One more explanation: someone asked about priorities. My opinion is that we put a british kid before a kenyan kid, because we're britain and kenya should treat their own kid rather than leaving it to britain. put your own first etc. It's NOT related to this story OBVIOUSLY but there was a question asked about which is more important, a kenyan kid or a british kid, and it's obvious that each should be more important to it's own country *deep breath*. does that make more sense now? *deep breath*

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Hawking is at Cambridge.
    I heard that he treats his students badly, any truth in the rumour?

That is in really poor taste and I think you should retract that statement because that's really offensive You do know there are people using this site who don't have limbs, don't you?
    This was covered, I made a joke about it, it was obviously unintentional. Actually after re-reading I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not >_<.

your own
    This is the bit I would take exception to.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: oh dear this thread is so sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    :rolleyes: oh dear this thread is so sad
    Then why bother posting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Then why bother posting?
    im mean sad as in upsetting its sad that no one is thinking about the child only the politics

ReputationRep:
    im mean sad as in upsetting its sad that no one is thinking about the child only the politics
    The child is one person, the politics could save/condemn hundreds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    The child is one person, the politics could save/condemn hundreds.
    true but isnt the thread about one child?

ReputationRep:
    the only way straighttalker can mask her xenophobia (which she failed to do successfully) is by focussing on the politics and not the child.

ReputationRep:
    true but isnt the thread about one child?
    I'd say it's more to do with the OPs views on the matter than the child. The child is hopefuly going to receive treatment here. (There is nothing the OP, or anyone on this board, can do about that.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    the only way straighttalker can mask her xenophobia (which she failed to do successfully) is by focussing on the politics and not the child.
    makes sense i suppose i would just think it was sad that people on here would deny a child medicxal treatment just becasue he was from kenya

ReputationRep:
    makes sense i suppose i would just think it was sad that people on here would deny a child medicxal treatment just becasue he was from kenya
    indeed. it would be interesting to see the OP defend her original views now that it has been established that the mother is british.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.