Turn on thread page Beta

Thalidomide affected child brought to UK for treatment watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    About a day too late thebucketwoman :/ :p:
    was away for the weekend, trying to catch up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach1986)
    How many times do I have to state the same thing?! And how can I hate Oxbridge when I have friends who study there? I suggest you check back over the thread to check your facts and refresh your memory. This attack wasn't about Oxbridge, it was about Lauren herself! Can we get over it? It wasn't even slanderous, stop being so overdramatic. :mad:
    let's have a look at one of her original posts then.

(Original post by rach1986)
    I think its pretty self explanatory. Nick Griffin is a narrow minded little bigot. Do I need to elaborate further? I mean, this girl is Cambridge educated, and probably thinks herself as someone who knows what they're on about. But so does he......
    Blatant attack on Cambridge.

I don't care about an apology, I'm used to narrow minded prats like this (Ram you've already seen this and you're not even here yet!!). I don't take it as an insult, because the opinions of people like that are worthless to me.

I think she owes an apology to EVERYONE at or affiliated with Cambridge: the entire student body, the thousands of alumni, and of course the fellows who include the most intelligent people in the world. The girl has the cheek to imply these people are bigots. So no, I don't think we should drop it until she apologises. But I don't think she has the balls to do that.

ReputationRep:
    That is why I did suggest she apologise, surely if she made the same sweeping statements about let us say an ethnic group there would be outrage, so she should not be allowed to do the same to those who go to Cambs.

ReputationRep:
    I read it differently, more that she was making the point that a cambridge education isn't synonymous with great character, sound judgement and rational. Using you and Nick Griffin as examples.

I think you oxbridge people take this 'predujice' too seriously. Obviously some people are going to be jealous, but I think you are reading into it a little too much.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with kizdesai, she appears to be saying that just because you're from Cambridge doesn't mean you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    I agree with kizdesai, she appears to be saying that just because you're from Cambridge doesn't mean you're right.
    I never said anything about being at Cambridge. She's just read it in my profile and brought it up herself.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually care that she's insulted your university?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: its all jealousy

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.