The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
leannemann
Not really sure about the speaking, it depends where I take the exam. If you can write in the language, speaking's not really that difficult, your grammar has to be pretty good but I don't need a grade in it and it won't be included in any offers so it's not too important. Hopefully I'll be able to do it by distance learning. if not teachers in my school speak Italian and I know that there is one who will be very happy to help (she's already given me the specimen papers etc.) Learning by yourself is something you have to get used to anyway so it's all good experience. Portuguese is my next target! lol

Lol my next target will be Italian :biggrin:
Reply 41
what you said in your pros and cons about doing the gcse, about it maybe being too much work on top of your A2s, looking at your GCSE results, you are a good student anyway, you arent doing as many subjects as you were at gcse and i think if you organise yourself properly, you should be able to cope ok. as long as you make you A2s the priority it will be fine. it may even be like a relief from the A2s. People in my school did Russian GCSE along with A levels and coped fine. Doing a GCSE without the back up of teacher support and a class is challenging, but as you said you have people that can help, and there are so many resources available for people learning spanish on their own that you shouldnt have a problem finding answers to your questions.

i agree with leanne saying that munoz and thacker is good, i used it in my first year and it is very good at explaining the basics, it is clear and makes important points easy to remember, and has a few good exercises.

i learnt most of my spanish grammar and vocab from listening to cds, singing along made it stick in my head, and i did it to clear my head when i wasnt doing work for my a levels, so it was two birds and one stone.

Latest

Trending

Trending