Turn on thread page Beta

is there a bob marley society? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if there is, and if so, how many of you really like him and the wailers

ReputationRep:
    After performing a search I can see that there isn't one.

I like his music, but I am not a die-hard fan...

ReputationRep:
    don't think there's a society.... but i love bob marley and the wailers.
    i know a guy who played with them but only for a very limited time... but he's changed his name to Wailer.
    my band kind of toured with him doing his backing vocals and sometimes supporting him and his band... i think that's what first got me interested in reggae. he's now my mom's friend and wants her to be his manager heh but she turned him down. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    oh thats almost as if you knew bob himself :cool: what kind of music do you play?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aggi)
    oh thats almost as if you knew bob himself :cool: what kind of music do you play?
    heh i wish. we actually play more sort of irishy stuff... its not traditional or anything but verging on folk... we do some rock songs or indie and stuff but arrange everything to add harmonies and stuff like that.... very random lol.
    the guy i was talking about, he's joined with a band called the reggae vibes. they're really good even on their own as they have their own material.
    we don't play with them so much anymore due to exams and our own gigs but we still go to a lot of their gigs.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.