Turn on thread page Beta

i wanna do stuff with myself watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura789)
    lol the name of title of this thread is a bit misleading...
    Lol yeah I know!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    to keep yourself confident heres what you do:

Dont think about people who are above you, but rather think of those people below you.
    You'd find more people are below you than above.

Makes me walk straight, chins high everytime.

ReputationRep:
    It could have easily been soo much more interesting! Lol!...not that its boring! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys! Firstly, i'm so confused. What were you thinking the thread was going to be about? Was it something dodgy? Please tell.

Secondly, I will elucidate my initial question

There's more than one question here really

I really want do well, and I know i'm clever enough, but I always feel a step behind the top in most things, and whenever I improve, someone new suddenly appears who is even better. What can I do to correct this so that I really am at the top?
    This is in general, to do with everything. I don't know why but I don't have the ability to continuously do something as a routine without it breaking down after a few days. I feel as though that may be why i'm not doing that well, but I don't know. Is there anything I can do to fix that? Maybe that will sort out the other stuff.

I want to be more confident. What can I do to achieve that?
    This is in terms of meeting people. I want to do a lot with myself, but I find it difficult to muster up the confidence to say anything anywhere including this board. I'm trying very hard to get this all accross to you right now.

I also get urges to paint myself sometimes. Is that normal? Does anybody else get that?
    This means painting on my skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkchips)
    hey guys! Firstly, i'm so confused. What were you thinking the thread was going to be about? Was it something dodgy? Please tell.
    You may find this offensive but as you insisted:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    You may find this offensive but as you insisted:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation
    LOL

nah, not offensive, just funny. how many people do that stuff anyway? sounds pretty weird....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkchips)
    how many people do that stuff anyway? sounds pretty weird....
    Quite a lot of people i'd expect.
    Make an anonymous poll and ask (i'm fairly sure it would be allowed if you didn't purposely make it rude).

As for the real point of this thread, just remember that you're the only person who's come from your background and has been subject to your experiences. While someone may be better than you at something it's possible that they've had more help or simply aren't as good as you at other things. Also remember that for every one person better than you at something there are likely to be two or more worse than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Quite a lot of people i'd expect.
    Make an anonymous poll and ask (i'm fairly sure it would be allowed if you didn't purposely make it rude).

As for the real point of this thread, just remember that you're the only person who's come from your background and has been subject to your experiences. While someone may be better than you at something it's possible that they've had more help or simply aren't as good as you at other things. Also remember that for every one person better than you at something there are likely to be two or more worse than you.
    thanks , i made the other topic too.

could people please give me some proper advice on how to be more confident with people?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.