Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I attend a Public school, because in Surrey, one must do so

To join, click the link in sig and read!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    I attend a Public school, because in Surrey, one must do so

To join, click the link in sig and read!
    I knew you attended an Indepandant School, but I was just testing ya... BTW have you heard of Hurtwood House School? (in Dorking, Surrey) Would you consider going there?

I thought Indenpendant School-educated students hate the word 'public school'. It's sounds quite derogatory, although I may be wrong... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    I knew you attended an Indepandant School, but I was just testing ya... BTW have you heard of Hurtwood House School? (in Dorking, Surrey) Would you consider going there?

I thought Indenpendant School-educated students hate the word 'public school'. It's sounds quite derogatory, although I may be wrong... :p:
    indeed, because it is not for the 'public' :p: but i dont mind, public or independent :party:

I heard Hurtwood is quite good and started improving lately, are you thinking of going there?
    I've never been but if the girls are fit then I would consider, yes

ReputationRep:
    I heard Hurtwood is quite good and started improving lately, are you thinking of going there?
    I've never been but if the girls are fit then I would consider, yes
    Haha. No dear I'm not thinking of going there. I have reached the ripe old age of 19 so I don't think they will accept me there.

Ahhh, yes, girls. That's all people think about when they choose a school, don't they, never mind about academic standards!

I'm assuming you intend to apply for Oxbridge this year? Confident you'll get in? What do you want to apply for? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    Haha. No dear I'm not thinking of going there. I have reached the ripe old age of 19 so I don't think they will accept me there.

Ahhh, yes, girls. That's all people think about when they choose a school, don't they, never mind about academic standards!

I'm assuming you intend to apply for Oxbridge this year? Confident you'll get in? What do you want to apply for? :cool:
    Whats the use of academic standards if there is no one you can mess round with?

Ofcourse, Probably Economics and Management at Oxford, or Econ at Cambs, havent' decided which yet! Cambs is nice but the nightlife isn't that good, and Oxford has better nightlife than Cambs but isn't as nice
    *feels confused*

Are you applying to Oxbridge, or have you already? What course are you doing, or what course will you be applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the use of academic standards if there is no one you can mess round with?

Ofcourse, Probably Economics and Management at Oxford, or Econ at Cambs, havent' decided which yet! Cambs is nice but the nightlife isn't that good, and Oxford has better nightlife than Cambs but isn't as nice
    *feels confused*

Are you applying to Oxbridge, or have you already? What course are you doing, or what course will you be applying for?
    Nah, I never applied to Oxbridge. Although I'd choose Oxford over Cambridge (are you on T2U? If so what is your username?)

Have just PMed you.

ReputationRep:
    Im from the UK too!

Its so weird to meet people from the UK on here... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I know, I was very shocked myself! We really do like clutter together dont we?

ReputationRep:
    Of all the places in the world, this is the one place i wouldn't have expected to meet a fellow Brit. Its really quite creepy!

ReputationRep:
    You should add your voice to my Ultimate Voice Thread (in Chat)

ReputationRep:
    Rammy, that is some shameless self-promotion :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the UK, England, Essex..

ReputationRep:
    Wow, didn't think I would see another English person here, hello, are you studying in the UK?

Herleif, you have to be a wh0re round these parts

ReputationRep:
    just wondering.
    are you joking? does studentroom.co.UK not give any hints? that perhaps LOTS of people here might be from the UK? :rolleyes:

oh before someone thinks i am stupid i do detect the sarcasm on this thread, i just thought its stupidity needed pointing out in a duh way. but peace and no neg reppin me, cause O M G i am a brit tooooooo! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :p: hee hee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    are you joking? does studentroom.co.UK not give any hints? that perhaps LOTS of people here might be from the UK? :rolleyes:
    sadly, irony is lost on some..

ReputationRep:
    omg, i never realised it was 'dot co dot uk' before. Wow!

My god, today has been a real eye opener... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sadly, irony is lost on some..
    h-hum i know it is, check my edited post,edited before you posted this but tsr was slow at the time i pressed edit.I thought irony was a strange subject on tsr as last time i tried to use some a lot of people didn't get it. check a post on ipods a while ago....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    h-hum i know it is, check my edited post,edited before you posted this but tsr was slow at the time i pressed edit.I thought irony was a strange subject on tsr as last time i tried to use some a lot of people didn't get it. check a post on ipods a while ago....
    yes i know, irony is lost on a lot of them as they are too busy being pedants :p: what post was this? a link to the iPod story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    omg, i never realised it was 'dot co dot uk' before. Wow!

My god, today has been a real eye opener... :rolleyes:
    take some time out your life to recover from the shock, you deserve it, you're southern

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.