Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I don't get the whole "controlled explosion" things.. what are they exactly?
    they blow up things they think might be bombs. ie, a controlled explosion. the best way to get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we have a suspect package on a bus now :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Whether or not this is the case, you've still not given justification for hating Islam, just the minority (those impossible to confirm figures still make them in the minority) who distort the and misread the teachings of Islam for evil.
    I didn't say I 'hated' Islam, just that I'm started to rather dislike it as an ideology. Disliking the idea is not the same thing as disliking the people, however. Obviously we need to maintain good relations with the Islamic community, but it's clear that they have a lot of work to do putting their own house in order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    That's well dodgy suggesting he's a bad moderator just because he doesn't share your view.
    Are you trying to s**t stir?
    I said "his comments are neither placed in the right time, nor place and were unjustified and unfair"- That's what I object to.- And you'd think he'd have enough common sense to figure that out. :rolleyes:

Controlled explosions= when the police (fo example) blow something up to get rid of it, e.g. the suspicious package found on a bus in Birmingham... (sorry not all that well explained)

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

where are they reporting that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurentius)

Well BBC News 24 for one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurentius)

BBC News 24 apparently, there's been a controlled explosion I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Are you trying to s**t stir?
    I said "his comments are neither placed in the right time, nor place and were unjustified and unfair"- That's what I object to.- And you'd think he'd have enough common sense to figure that out. :rolleyes:
    You said "I think the TSR moderation-choosing procedure needs to be refined" ie. that he shouldn't be a moderator.

ReputationRep:
    Please quote your sources - we had enough trouble with speculation on the london thread

Edit: Just read your above post - any other updates on News24? They moved over to London coverage when I stopped watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    I didn't say I 'hated' Islam, just that I'm started to rather dislike it as an ideology.
    But the fact is that the motives behind the terrorist attacks aren't the idealogy of the Islam faith either, for the most part. I think this is what people are trying to point out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    You said "I think the TSR moderation-choosing procedure needs to be refined" ie. that he shouldn't be a moderator.
    Yes and you said "because he doesn't share the same opinions as you"
    I'm pointing out that is not necessarily the reason he shouldn't be.
    (seriously, there are more important things in life..)

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find the BBC News 24 website. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    Please quote your sources - we had enough trouble with speculation on the london thread

Edit: Just read your above post - any other updates on News24? They moved over to London coverage when I stopped watching it.
    Not sure I'm operating on just web based news now (the TV has been taken over by other family members :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    the bbc aren't updating their online service very quickly, and my parents are watching 'house' on the tv downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I don't think the feed on there is live anywy is it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the feed on there is live anywy is it?
    i've not found one yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    www.bbc.co.uk/news

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god.. apparently there have been loads of attacks on muslim temples...

but get this...

a sikh temple was attacked :confused:

Edit: Read my above post!!

Edit: oh yeah sorry, BBC Radio Five Live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velouria)
    But the fact is that the motives behind the terrorist attacks aren't the idealogy of the Islam faith either, for the most part. I think this is what people are trying to point out.
    Well, we're constantly told that Islam is a religion of peace, but I'm just taking this on the good word of the folks at the BBC. Surely these people base their ideas on something in the Koran?

ReputationRep:
    niether muslims nor sikhs have temples, they're called mosques and gurdwaras

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.