Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Flipping heck

I hate this so much.....argh.....argh....argh.. ...

I hope all Birminghamers are ok, at least it's been evacuated, oh my gosh does it seem this is for real?! :eek:

The attacks on Mosques really do sicken me too though just as moronic as all the other attacks

ReputationRep:
    One of my closest friends lives in Birmingham. My other close friend was going into London on the day of the bombings. This can't be real, right?

ReputationRep:
    Before we go any further with this islam stuff we don't even know there is going to be an attack yet yet alone who is is responsible.

However I agree these islamic terrorist groups are a major problem becuase there are scattered all over the world, at least with the IRA they were easy to keep an eye on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Well, we're constantly told that Islam is a religion of peace, but I'm just taking this on the good word of the folks at the BBC. Surely these people base their ideas on something in the Koran?
    I suggest you stop this line of debate before you make things worse!

ReputationRep:
    yo mod no disrespect

have you ever read the quraan as you say there must be something in italic ..

i can give you a copy of quran if you really want then youll get answers...

btw theword Islam means peace or submission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Before we go any further with this islam stuff we don't even know there is going to be an attack yet yet alone who is is responsible.

However I agree these islamic terrorist groups are a major problem becuase there are scattered all over the world, at least with the IRA they were easy to keep an eye on.
    Indeed.
    200,000 (?) people have been evacuated. It's a 'proportionate response to the info received'. Police guy doesn't think this is connected to bombings in London. Brummies are all co-operating really well. Mainly bars, clubs, hotels evacuated. Press still doesn't know what the intelligence is. - TV, BBC News 24

ReputationRep:
    Well, we're constantly told that Islam is a religion of peace, but I'm just taking this on the good word of the folks at the BBC. Surely these people base their ideas on something in the Koran?
    Yes, I'm sure they do but surely you can manipulate and twist almost anything in any religious texts to suit your own purpose? And that's all that I think they're doing. That's what they actually believe their religion is telling them to do and it does seem to go against the "main beliefs" of the rest of the religion so I think it's unfair to think that all Muslims support this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Indeed.
    200,000 (?) people have been evacuated. It's a 'proportionate response to the info received'. Police guy doesn't think this is connected to bombings in London. Brummies are all co-operating really well. Mainly bars, clubs, hotels evacuated. Press still doesn't know what the intelligence is. - TV, BBC News 24
    According to the BBC its 20,000 and not 200,000

ReputationRep:
    certain things can be interpreted differently
    ive never read the koran but a muslim woman told me that it can be interpreted in so many different ways.
    for example. it says women must cover up their private parts... but it has been understood that they must cover up most or all of their body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    According to the BBC its 20,000 and not 200,000
    That's what I thought they said, but on the banner at the bottom of the page it definitely said 200,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qarishahg)
    yo mod no disrespect

have you ever read the quraan as you say there must be something in italic ..

i can give you a copy of quran if you really want then youll get answers...

btw theword Islam means peace or submission
    Alright, I'm not trying to be controversial, but I think these things do bear discussion considering what's happening lately.

Here's an interesting website discussing the justification Islamic terrorists find in the Koran. Most Muslims interpret these passages differently.

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/terrorism.htm

The salient points are coloured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I agree, perhaps we should leave the debate on Islam and return to the topic of the security alerts in Birmingham. I'd be greatful if someone with a TV could give an update on what is being reported, as I can't seem to find much online. Thanks, L.

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe some people are confusing muslims with the terrorist organisations. They're very different, and it's wrong to dislike all muslims because of a group of fanatics with very different beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Banners often get things wrong, I saw a lot of spelling mistakes on the 'breaking news' banners during the London bombs! It will be 20,000.

I can't help being really selfish but I hope Manchester isn't targeted next. I need normal running transport next weekend

ReputationRep:
    Damn, my dad's turned off BBC News 24 downstairs so I've lost my information source, someone else needs to provide updates....

ReputationRep:
    http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/terrorism.htm

i suggest everyone to keep away from the link... its delibratly been created by jews to cause misunderstanding against islam... an anti-islamic site... id advice you go to a true islamic site...

www.yanabi.com

muslim scholors are present here and just ask them and theyll give proper answers

now i understand where edders has been coming from

ReputationRep:
    For those with access to a TV but not cable/sattelite/whatever:

ITV news is due to start in a minute. They might have more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Banners often get things wrong, I saw a lot of spelling mistakes on the 'breaking news' banners during the London bombs! It will be 20,000.
    It also boasts "updated every minute of every day" and didn't mention the london bombings till a good 30 minutes after it had been announced on BBC1. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)

I can't help being really selfish but I hope Manchester isn't targeted next. I need normal running transport next weekend
    Me too or ovbious reasons, I avoided the buses today but during the day I am just going to carry on as normal. The problem is the bus I get is one of the major city centre services so its likely to be a target if a bus is.

From what I can gather from BBC News 24 there was a suspect package found on a bus in Birmingham which is what has started this alert :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't look like ITV is going to mention the Birmingham Terror Alert ^o)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.