Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ITV news hasnt even mentioned it in the headlines...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGodfather)
    ITV news hasnt even mentioned it in the headlines...
    thats good tho isnt it?
    just means its not that serious?

ReputationRep:
    As I said before exactly the same thing happened in Manchester earlier. I think its just the police rightly over reacting at the slightest thing. They are also saying that this has nothing to do with the London bombings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    thats good tho isnt it?
    just means its not that serious?
    Surely they would still mention it though?

ReputationRep:
    It's times like these that I'm grateful for being stuck in the boring old countryside. I hope this isn't a real threat, and it probably isn't. My sister is in Brum. Not the centre, though.

ReputationRep:
    Sky News:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188565,00.html

"Bomb squad officers have reportedly carried out a series of controlled explosions in the Broad Street entertainment district."

Doesn't necessarily mean there were any bombs, but it certainly is disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGodfather)
    Surely they would still mention it though?
    they should but why worry the people if its not serious?
    not sure tho

ReputationRep:
    not sure tho
    the news' job is the report the current events...

ReputationRep:
    not sure tho
    Well I guess if its serious enough to evacuate 20,000 people its serious enough to at least get a mention on the news. Maybe ITV's researchers havent found out about it, which if they have is pretty shoddy journalism.

ReputationRep:
    It's on ITV news now.
    Edit: Very small news item, I suppose they don't have much information to go off.

ReputationRep:
    It's on ITV now....

nothing that hasn't been said on this thread though, they've still not confirmed if it was an actual threat or just a prank/scare yet...

ReputationRep:
    Just mentioned on ITV news, evacuating 'chinese quarter' of Birmingham soon apparently. No other info

EDIT: oops many people already said this

ReputationRep:
    http://www.itv.com/news/index_1460218.html

ReputationRep:
    iv just been sent home from broad st....... its NOT as bad as you think. Its just a precuation.. they blew up a bag on a bus.... but there was nothing inside it anyway. A lot of club owners r gonna lose A LOT of money because of this.

And to the ugy who asked 'why birmingham?'........ Bham is the biggest city outside London so why not? Saturday night along broad st is the busiest time birmingham can ever be.... so its ideal for terrorists..... 30000 ish people go out there every saturday

ReputationRep:
    Hello, after reading all of the previous posts, I have concluded that a large majority of people here have their heads screwed on I am a Muslim and I totally condemn the London terrorist attack- ANY terrorist attack. It feels really upsetting that there are so many people who blame the Islamic faith, it is unfair to those who are targeted because of this ignorant view held by so many that all Muslims are terrorists and that killing innocent people is what Islam believes in. However, we could defend ourselves till we are black and blue in the face, but it wont make any difference especially to those people who have taken a dislike to Islam as it probably won’t change their views. This I believe is a great shame because I believe most Muslims can offer great friendship and can be easily liked. The people who carried out these attacks (if Islamic extremists) are not Muslims and cannot be classed as Muslims but purely; evil, disgusting, repulsive, mental, murdering scum. I, for one will never accept what they do as a Muslim faith and I know MANY that will also never do.
    Thanx

ReputationRep:
    but al qaeda have claimed responsibilty....... through connections with english born muslim communties....

ReputationRep:
    ITV news is always rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qarishahg)
    http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/terrorism.htm

i suggest everyone to keep away from the link... its delibratly been created by jews
    Oh, where does it state that?

i would like to paint out to people saying police are being over paranoid. it is better to be safe then sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Hello, after reading all of the previous posts, I have concluded that a large majority of people here have their heads screwed on I am a Muslim and I totally condemn the London terrorist attack- ANY terrorist attack. It feels really upsetting that there are so many people who blame the Islamic faith, it is unfair to those who are targeted because of this ignorant view held by so many that all Muslims are terrorists and that killing innocent people is what Islam believes in. However, we could defend ourselves till we are black and blue in the face, but it wont make any difference especially to those people who have taken a dislike to Islam as it probably won’t change their views. This I believe is a great shame because I believe most Muslims can offer great friendship and can be easily liked. The people who carried out these attacks (if Islamic extremists) are not Muslims and cannot be classed as Muslims but purely; evil, disgusting, repulsive, mental, murdering scum. I, for one will never accept what they do as a Muslim faith and I know MANY that will also never do.
    Thanx
    Im not going to get into debate about this, but there are a number of specific passages in the Quran that advocate violence and/or the murder of innocent people. That can be construed or ignored at your will. Having read a substantial part of the Quran, I dont like it one little bit and if you happen to believe in this ideology, every single line of it, then its unlikely that we will get along. There is nothing advocating terrorism, but to suggest that the Quran is the text for a religion of peace, is simply to contradict the reality of its contents.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.