Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    According to the mirror Al quida (sp) said this country will become fully muslim, pubs will be closed, no alcohol, everyone will have to pray and women wear veils etc. I dont actually have the paper so dont know much about what it says but do you think this country will be like that in a few years?
    Correct me if im wrong but there are a lot of muslims in Britain and I think its against their religion to get involved in war so they arn't gonna be defending the country which limits the numbers so our country aint gonna be very strong.
    What do you think will everyone eventually be forced to become muslim if these terrorists succeed?

ReputationRep:
    There are already more muslims praying on a friday than chrstians praying on a saturday(edit:sorry meant sunday). Islam will be a majority in western europe by 2100 and since we live in a democracy where everyone gets 1 vote,and since they would be the majority,there would be nothing stopping them creating an islamic state in Britain and the rest of europe.

ReputationRep:
    No, it wont.

One of the strangest ideas I've read in a long time...still, I suppose it was from the Mirror :rolleyes:

It's things like this which are just going to create more tension, whilst at the same time being complete and utter balls...

Incidentally, you mention war, but you can't really have a proper "war" like that, with an enemy which is cowardly and hides from you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    According to the mirror Al quida (sp) said this country will become fully muslim, pubs will be closed, no alcohol, everyone will have to pray and women wear veils etc. I dont actually have the paper so dont know much about what it says but do you think this country will be like that in a few years?
    Correct me if im wrong but there are a lot of muslims in Britain and I think its against their religion to get involved in war so they arn't gonna be defending the country which limits the numbers so our country aint gonna be very strong.
    What do you think will everyone eventually be forced to become muslim if these terrorists succeed?
    If the terrorists win then this country will become Muslim, under Sharia law and part of a global Caliphate, perhaps ruled by the descendants of the Ottoman sultans or Osama bin Laden (afterall, the ottoman sultans were caliphs before they were overthrown in the 1920s by Ataturk).

However, while you are correct in saying that there are a lot of Muslims, relatively speaking there aren't that many of them. They tend to be limited to immigrants that have come over the past 100 years or so and in percentage terms, they only compose about 3% of the British population (correct me if I'm wrong). Which means that they won't be detracting too much from the potential size of our armed forces (which according to the CIA is about 12 000 000 if conscription of all able bodied men is introduced). But in the end this is fairly academic, because so long as we hold by our values and freedoms the terrorists will never win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    There are already more muslims praying on a friday than chrstians praying on a saturday. Islam will be a majority in western europe by 2100 and since we live in a democracy where everyone gets 1 vote,and since they would be the majority,there would be nothing stopping them creating an islamic state in Britain and the rest of europe.
    Not surprising since the Christian day of worship is Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    was just thinking that myself :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    Incidentally, you mention war, but you can't really have a proper "war" like that, with an enemy which is cowardly and hides from you....
    Well im sure plenty of people would be willing to defend this country so there would be some war. Would muslims living in Britain allow an invasion which aims to turn the country into a muslim state? Some muslims probably would like that anyway. Or would they help Britain to defend?
    just wondering

ReputationRep:
    muslims are still a minority... i dont see how they could 'take over'... you need a majority for that -.-
    and if they were to take over... would be from within not from terrorists or w/e your trying to suggest o.o...
    tip for life; read a better paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    Well im sure plenty of people would be willing to defend this country so there would be some war. Would muslims living in Britain allow an invasion which aims to turn the country into a muslim state? Some muslims probably would like that anyway. Or would they help Britain to defend?
    just wondering

I think they would always side with their faith before the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    just wondering
    If anyone tried to invade the country it wouldn't be terrorists though? Terrorists don't try to take over a country, they try to terrorise it. There aren't enough terrorists to overcome our country anyway....they'd be outnumbered...

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if theres a mosque on every street corner, but I think it would take quite a few fanatics to vote in an extremist Islamist government.

ReputationRep:
    I can't help but feel you're trying to incite a fear and reaction against Islam, threadstarter.

ReputationRep:
    I think they would always side with their faith before the UK.
    I'm not sure about that, I think that there will be plenty of lax Muslims around (lax as in going to the Mosque only once in a while) and many of these Muslims will be grateful to Britain for letting them into our country. As it happens, I read something in the newspaper when commenting about the removal of Bibles from a hospital ward because it might offend other faiths, a Muslim spokesman said that they wanted Britain to remain a Christian country. There will be many Muslims who do of approve of a war directed by fundementalists anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Waddell)
    I'm not sure about that, I think that there will be plenty of lax Muslims around (lax as in going to the Mosque only once in a while) and many of these Muslims will be grateful to Britain for letting them into our country. As it happens, I read something in the newspaper when commenting about the removal of Bibles from a hospital ward because it might offend other faiths, a Muslim spokesman said that they wanted Britain to remain a Christian country. There will be many Muslims who do of approve of a war directed by fundementalists anyway.

There is nothing in the Koran that is similar to the idea of giving to God what is god's and give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's. When push comes to shove, they will put Allah before Britain. That is not to say they will support Islamic fundamentalim, i never said that, this is because there are different interpretations of the Koran of course.

ReputationRep:
    While I'm attracted to the idea of some women having to wear veils, I am generally not too keen on Islam and feel quite attached to Western civ. The demographic trends which LCO1 mentions are very worrying and I don't think they're imaginative.

At some point soon those who wish Britain (or France or Italy) to remain Western are going to have to speak up, whatever names you are called. Lord Waddell urges us to hold to our values and freedoms, but I think we've already given them up, rediscovering them, and regaining some identity is the job now.

ReputationRep:
    While I'm attracted to the idea of some women having to wear veils,
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    ooooopppppppssssssss :embarasse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    I can't help but feel you're trying to incite a fear and reaction against Islam, threadstarter.
    Or maybe your just paranoid. Im not trying to incite a fear of islam just of what terrorists claim they will do

ReputationRep:
    so our governments just going to give up power to terrorists?
    do you want to make a clear argument and back it up with a few facts/figures and then we can actually debate about something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    so our governments just going to give up power to terrorists?
    The notion put forward is that Islam is a growing religion in the UK, and that sooner or later it could increase to 51%, at which point a religious government could be voted in which could make Britain an Islamic state.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.