Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Because the number of fundamental Christian MPs mirrors that of Christian voters? Or because all Muslims are screaming suicide bombers who cut off hands in the name of Allah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    I agree with homoterror - threadstarter are you trying to incite hatred or fear of Islam?
    *prepares to neg*
    Are you trying to incite a fear of talking about Islam? *prepares to neg*
    Why is it such a touchy subject? I know that everywhere I go I have to be careful of what I say about Islam and im not even racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    The notion put forward is that Islam is a growing religion in the UK, and that sooner or later it could increase to 51%, at which point a religious government could be voted in which could make Britain an Islamic state.
    who said the religion needs to get to 51%...
    how can you assume all muslims will vote for the 'muslim party' or whatever your saying... im sure people will be educated enough to be able to make their own political opinion as people nowerdays do :P
    so yea lets say they need like 65%+ population - can you see that happening any time soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    Are you trying to incite a fear of talking about Islam? *prepares to neg*
    Why is it such a touchy subject? I know that everywhere I go I have to be careful of what I say about Islam and im not even racist.
    Good point.

ReputationRep:
    The thread starter could have posed the question in a more appropriate manner. Initially I thought it was merely a foolish member who was unable to express himself (indicated by his employing words such as ‘ain’t and 'arnt') and who was evidently an avid reader of trashy newspapers like The Sun and The Mirror.

ReputationRep:
    Come on be serious, do you reckon thats really gonna happen?

Wheres your facts and figures? They're a small proportion compared to the population of Britain, not exactly gonna happen in our life times is it.

Its not touchy if you don't say or assume stupid things like most people do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    The thread starter could have posed the question in a more appropriate manner. Initially I thought it was merely a foolish member who was unable to express himself (indicated by his employing words such as ‘ain’t and 'arnt') and who was evidently an avid reader of trashy newspapers like The Sun and The Mirror.
    Just because one did not type up to your perfect standards does it mean that one is a fool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    Just because one did not type up to your perfect standards does it mean that one is a fool?
    I sort of thought the same but I shall now hang my head in shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    In my humble opinion anyone who takes articles from the mentioned newspapers seriously is either deluded or part of the largely unintelligent mass to whom the newspaper is primarily aimed at. Call me an intellectual snob if you want but I prefer to stay clear of such papers that tend to always overly embellish the truth with their supposedly cutting edge reporting. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    But on a more serious note, your story was from the mirror, and all trashy newspapers like that just give out a knee jerk reaction to whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    In my humble opinion anyone who takes articles from the mentioned newspapers seriously is either deluded or part of the largely unintelligent mass to whom the newspaper is primarily aimed at. Call me an intellectual snob if you want but I prefer to stay clear of such papers that tend to always overly embellish the truth with their supposedly cutting edge reporting. :rolleyes:
    I was merely asking for opinions on the matter. There is no way your an intellectual snob though it seems as though your trying to be.

ReputationRep:
    Call me an intellectual snob if you want

You seem to want to be one!! Of course true intellectuals would not want to be called an intellectual. Surely you know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    I was merely asking for opinions on the matter. There is no way your an intellectual snob though it seems as though your trying to be.
    I have to agree why does everyone on here have to be so damn word perfect :confused: Lifes too short!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    I think they would always side with their faith before the UK.
    except it depends on what strand of that faith they and the 'invaders' are both from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    who said the religion needs to get to 51%...
    how can you assume all muslims will vote for the 'muslim party' or whatever your saying... im sure people will be educated enough to be able to make their own political opinion as people nowerdays do :P
    so yea lets say they need like 65%+ population - can you see that happening any time soon?
    Labour got in power with 20% of the british people voting for them(if you include the ones that choose not to vote, I think it was 32% of the voters)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Labour got in power with 20% of the british people voting for them(if you include the ones that choose not to vote, I think it was 32% of the voters)
    22 and 36 is closer to the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    22 and 36 is closer to the truth.
    Oh ok, I wasnt positive.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that some people classify muslims as a different section of society because some idiots attacked London. Let me remind you that they form families like any other, have kids, go to work. The difference being their faith is Islam rather than being Christians, Hindus or atheists....

Some uneducated people here try to make inflationary comments whose main purpose is to alienate the muslim population even further, however I believe that the British public are not as stupid as some people here want them to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    ooooopppppppssssssss :embarasse
    You claim to want to defend christianity from the muslim invasion and you don't even know that it's sunday? That is what I call BNP material..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    It seems that some people classify muslims as a different section of society because some idiots attacked London. Let me remind you that they form families like any other, have kids, go to work. The difference being their faith is Islam rather than being Christians, Hindus or atheists....

Some uneducated people here try to make inflationary comments whose main purpose is to alienate the muslim population even further, however I believe that the British public are not as stupid as some people here want them to be.
    I think people who want to bring more of them in the country are the stupid ones.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.