Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    Yup - I was put down as Hindu despite having no beleifs with the Hindu faith.
    snap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    if the nazis didnt come to power, WWII may not have occured, so those 55mil may not have died
    nazis to blame? i think yes
    Nonsense. WWII would have occurred with or without the Nazis. The only difference would be that a non-Nazi party would probably not commit the Holocaust.

ReputationRep:
    Its incredible that this state has become a breeding ground for terrorists, after all we decided to fight against Afghan because of its breeding ground. Suppose if UK muslims are known to have attacked, different country ie China orIndia, will they then take millitary action agianst the UK muslim terror groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    According to the mirror Al quida (sp) said this country will become fully muslim, pubs will be closed, no alcohol, everyone will have to pray and women wear veils etc. I dont actually have the paper so dont know much about what it says but do you think this country will be like that in a few years?
    Correct me if im wrong but there are a lot of muslims in Britain and I think its against their religion to get involved in war so they arn't gonna be defending the country which limits the numbers so our country aint gonna be very strong.
    What do you think will everyone eventually be forced to become muslim if these terrorists succeed?
    It better not be, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Nobody would make me wear a veil and pray to some muslim god i don't believe in. Behave.

No your not wrong, this country is starting to become over run by Muslims. Its just people end up supporting them even though they sponge of the government and enter the country illegally (mainly) as if they don't they get called a racist. What is this country coming to? Something needs to be done and quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    It better not be, that would be absolutely ridiculous. Nobody would make me wear a veil and pray to some muslim god i don't believe in. Behave.

No your not wrong, this country is starting to become over run by Muslims. Its just people end up supporting them even though they sponge of the government and enter the country illegally (mainly) as if they don't they get called a racist. What is this country coming to? Something needs to be done and quickly.
    You really should get your facts straight here, most muslims do not enter this country illegally, in fact most of the new muslims in this country is down to breeding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    You really should get your facts straight here, most muslims do not enter this country illegally, in fact most of the new muslims in this country is down to breeding.
    'Breeding' :eek: Says it all really, in terms of the arranged marriages. Breeding refers to animals, not humans :eek: You really shoud phrase things better you know

ReputationRep:
    'Breeding' :eek: Says it all really, in terms of the arranged marriages. Breeding refers to animals, not humans :eek: You really shoud phrase things better you know
    Breeding can refer to humans as well you know. Islam encourages large families, thus the main source of growth for muslims will be procreation whereas western culture favours a career and advancement over that of children, thus the birth rate is falling.

ReputationRep:
    'Breeding' :eek: Says it all really, in terms of the arranged marriages. Breeding refers to animals, not humans
    You forget royalty and- until recently- the aristocracy.

ReputationRep:
    Breeding can refer to humans as well you know. Islam encourages large families, thus the main source of growth for muslims will be procreation whereas western culture favours a career and advancement over that of children, thus the birth rate is falling.
    It look as though ;ater descendants of immigrants favouring large families adapt to thge social norms, so this will probably be only a short-term effect.

ReputationRep:
    I always wondered why if we went to a country in the east, we'd be forced to adhere to their laws, such as women wearing veils, but when they come here we don't force them to wear the same stuff we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    I always wondered why if we went to a country in the east, we'd be forced to adhere to their laws, such as women wearing veils, but when they come here we don't force them to wear the same stuff we do.
    When someone comes here they abide by the laws here. When you go somewhere else you abide by the laws there. It's pretty simple, I'd advise you to not go there if you don't like them

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what annoys me - larger muslim families = more social support of the government. Disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    Excatly! I heard about a man that fell off him motorbike near some roadworks and hurt himself. He wasn't wearing a helmet as he had his turban on. He still managed to sue. Absolutely disgraceful. Every time I hear these stories I get more shocked, I mean can this country be any more soft?

We couldn't treat you with such disrespect in your country so don't do it in ours!

ReputationRep:
    But wait, your post is acknowledging that being forced to adhere to laws on things like dress is a negative thing.. so why do you then advocate that we do the same here? You are affectively trying to apply the principle that "two wrongs make a right" - not a bit petty?

Same to you, ST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    But wait, your post is acknowledging that being forced to adhere to laws on things like dress is a negative thing.. so why do you then advocate that we do the same here? You are affectively trying to apply the principle that "two wrongs make a right" - not a bit petty?

Same to you, ST.
    No TM she's saying we DON'T force them to here. So once again, another example of this country being too soft.

ReputationRep:
    No TM she's saying we DON'T force them to here. So once again, another example of this country being too soft.
    I know she's saying we don't force them here.

Do you think it's unfair that a western woman is forced to wear a veil when they go to the Middle East?

ReputationRep:
    I know she's saying we don't force them here.

Do you think it's unfair that a western woman is forced to wear a veil when they go to the Middle East?
    No I don't, because western people appreciate and respect other cultures. Therefore, people who come into this country should respect our cultures and dress how we do. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't, because western people appreciate and respect other cultures. Therefore, people who come into this country should respect our cultures and dress how we do. Simple.
    But we have a culture where people can express themselves how they like, and wear what they like. How should they dress? according to what's on the catwalk or glossy magazines of the day? give me a break. What you're saying's very hard to pin down

ReputationRep:
    Not simple. The fact that we appreciate and respect other cultures means that we ought to respect the wishes of others to dress in certain ways within our country.

So you advocate the government taking control in people's lives to the extent that they tell us what we can and can't wear?

Freedom.

ReputationRep:
    Not simple. The fact that we appreciate and respect other cultures means that we ought to respect the wishes of others to dress in certain ways within our country.

So you advocate the government taking control in people's lives to the extent that they tell us what we can and can't wear?

Freedom.
    Yes Freedom in this country good. But why should illegal immigrant get the same amount of freedom, when we don't in their country??? They come into this county and everything is so simple, they bring more family/friends in too, then they have the cheek to complain that the country is discriminating against them. For example the guy who came of his motor bike, or the schol girl who recently won a court case (very expensive to us tax payers btw) so she could wear a head scarf to school. Its utterly disgusting to be frank. If they don't like it, get out. Now thats simple.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.