Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    That's why I said that the video 'clearly was not an accurate portrayal of kosher slaughter'.
    But even if the animal didnt smell blood it would still clearly suffer.

ReputationRep:
    You can't kill an animal without exposing it to some discomfort at least. If you are aware of this suffering and continue to eat conventionally-slaughtered meat, you are a hypocrite.

Our duty is to minimise the suffering, which is why I eat kosher meat.

ReputationRep:
    You can't kill an animal without exposing it to some discomfort at least. If you are aware of this suffering and continue to eat conventionally-slaughtered meat, you are a hypocrite.

Our duty is to minimise the suffering, which is why I eat kosher meat.
    So instead of the cow being killed by a bolt gun, you choose to eat a cow thats been turned upsidedown and and its throat ripped out.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't listen to a word I said. They do NOT have their throat ripped out - that is directly against the laws of shechitah and would render an animal non-kosher. The jugular vein is gently cut to release their blood pressure, and they faint.

They are turned upside down after they lose consciousness, so the blood comes out and they die within a minute.

Anyway, a bolt gun does NOT kill a cow. They are the stunning method in some slaughterhouses, and it takes on average three bolts to immobilise a large cow. After that, they are paralysed, and in agony. They do not die until they have their throats cut later on.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't listen to a word I said. They do NOT have their throat ripped out - that is directly against the laws of shechitah and would render an animal non-kosher. The jugular vein is gently cut to release their blood pressure, and they faint.

They are turned upside down after they lose consciousness, so the blood comes out and they die within a minute.

Anyway, a bolt gun does NOT kill a cow. They are the stunning method in some slaughterhouses, and it takes on average three bolts to immobilise a large cow. After that, they are paralysed, and in agony. They do not die until they have their throats cut later on.
    They are the stunning method in some slaughterhouses, and it takes on average three bolts to immobilise a large cow. After that, they are paralysed, and in agony. They do not die until they have their throats cut later on
    Well thats what the jews/muslims say.

ReputationRep:
    Well observed.

ReputationRep:
    Hey LC01 you should go undercover as a cow and see what REALLY happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Hey LC01 you should go undercover as a cow and see what REALLY happens.
    I will probably die from your jokes before I get there, they are so funny my sides are splitting :rolleyes: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Well thats what the jews/muslims say.
    And they generally take their religion seriously.

ReputationRep:
    That would be a terribly sad day for TSR!

ReputationRep:
    im sure kosher is less hurtful as it cuts them so where theres a nerve or something so there is no pain, its been proven by scientises, and if the knife is not sharp enought (ie. there is a jagged edgre that will cause pain) then it is not kosher, and kosher might be cleaner?
    what the hell are you on about whoever started this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m66)
    im sure kosher is less hurtful as it cuts them so where theres a nerve or something so there is no pain, its been proven by scientises, and if the knife is not sharp enought (ie. there is a jagged edgre that will cause pain) then it is not kosher, and kosher might be cleaner?
    sure kosher is less hurtful as it cuts them so where theres a nerve or something so there is no pain
    well thats what the jews say
    its been proven by scientises
    some scientists do say kosher is good but some want it banned.
    Im on about fox hunting/kosher and why one was banned but not the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    So instead of the cow being killed by a bolt gun, you choose to eat a cow thats been turned upsidedown and and its throat ripped out.
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Im on about fox hunting/kosher and why one was banned but not the other.
    One is a method of preparing food that seems to be less cruel and more respectful, to me anyway, than the normal way.
    The other is a blood sport that serves no purpose other than to provide the thrill of the chase and the kill.
    To prevent any smart alec comments, i'll clarify. The first paragraph refers to kosher slaughter, the second to fox hunting.
    To be honest, i don't see how you can compare the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    One is a method of preparing food that seems to be less cruel and more respectful, to me anyway, than the normal way.
    The other is a blood sport that serves no purpose other than to provide the thrill of the chase and the kill.
    To prevent any smart alec comments, i'll clarify. The first paragraph refers to kosher slaughter, the second to fox hunting.
    To be honest, i don't see how you can compare the two.
    One is a method of preparing food that seems to be less cruel and more respectful, to me anyway, than the normal way
    how have you come to that conclusion?
    To be honest, i don't see how you can compare the two
    fox hunting was no way near as cruel. And if it were a jewish/muslim tradition would never have been banned.

ReputationRep:
    no disrespect to muslims here but i think it's absolutely friggin disgusting what they do to those poor animals. bleed them to death? that's just totally rank and i'd never even think about eating halal - it's gawd damn yucky!

p.s. like i said, no offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    no disrespect to muslims here but i think it's absolutely friggin disgusting what they do to those poor animals. bleed them to death? that's just totally rank and i'd never even think about eating halal - it's gawd damn yucky!

p.s. like i said, no offence.
    go into a normal slaughter house then and see what conditions and ways the animals are killed then...........u shudnt think about eating any meat if thats how you think......or maybe you dont mind you chickens legs having burn marks on them due to the acidity caused by living in their own faeces, its just bleeding them that is disgusting to you

ReputationRep:
    if the people who hunted foxes, then ate them - id have nothing against it...
    since its for their own amusement, seem a bit wrong...

if we're banning kosher/halal food because its 'cruel' i still stand by we shoud all becomes vegetables
    err i mean vegetarians :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    fox hunting was no way near as cruel. And if it were a jewish/muslim tradition would never have been banned.
    I think we have established they have nothing to do with each other, one being a method to try and minimise suffering to animals, and one being a method of maximising enjoyment by making foxes suffer.

Whether fox hunting would have been banned or not has nothing to do with kosher and halal slaughter. It's a shame you don't take Critical Thinking; you don't seem to be able to think and reason very clearly.

Anyway, fox hunting would NEVER be a Jewish tradition, because of what I've said - cruelty to animals is forbidden, and we are not allowed to cause any animals suffering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    With fox hunting banned, because of it being apprantly "cruel" should the government also ban kosher slaughter since it is far more cruel then fox hunting ever was. Also do you think that fox hunting would have been banned if it was a minority tradition as opposed to a British one?
    KOSHER
    So the animal is chased through the country side by a load of men on horses and quite a few dogs so the animal is mad with fear as well?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.