Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    no disrespect to muslims here but i think it's absolutely friggin disgusting what they do to those poor animals. bleed them to death? that's just totally rank and i'd never even think about eating halal - it's gawd damn yucky!

p.s. like i said, no offence.
    the animals are killed by cutting the jugular and THEN they're bled out, because, frankly we think eating the blood is gross.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and it's also forbidden in Judaism (I don't know about Islam, sorry.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    Than why did you attack them as toffs? Your attack was not soley based on cruelty, you also made it a class issue by bringing up their class.

Of course. The fact that you recognise this makes me wonder why you called them toffs. You seem to contradict yourself.

Actually many those who hunt live in London during the week but go to the country at the weekends. Just look at the number of hunting stores in Kensington or Chelsea (though of course they have now gone bust).
    Yeh but when was the last time you saw a fox hunt going down oxford street you know something i dont?

I was just using a general stereotype that people who fox hunt are posh upper class snobs toffs wotever you want to call them is illegal to use sterostypes on tsr?

Ill change it to toffs/paupers/middle class / working class/ dole dossers/ if you want to be more correct to your standards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Well thats what the jews/muslims say.
    Right so anything we say is invalid because of our religion? How would you feel if I said 'well he's a BNP supporter so his opinion doesn't count?

The whole idea of halal/kosher is that the food is clean for humans and minimises suffering for the animal. The animal isn't even allowed to see other animals being slaughtered before it, so it isn't afraid.

And I'd eat kosher meat, if no halal is available, you know that the butcher's care about making sure the food is clean and not just passing government regulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverjonny)
    Yeah, and it's also forbidden in Judaism (I don't know about Islam, sorry.)
    If you're referring to blood, I believe it is the same in Islam as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    If you're referring to blood, I believe it is the same in Islam as well.
    Well that's what I was refrring to and I'm a muslim, I think silverjohnny maybe thought I was jewish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Well that's what I was refrring to and I'm a muslim, I think silverjohnny maybe thought I was jewish?
    No, I saw you were a member of the Muslim Society and said we actually forbid it as well as dislike it I wasn't sure if Islam forbade the consumption of blood too, but I know now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok that would explain why he said that kosher slaughter is better than our slaughter when it clearly isnt
    Are you going to explain this or do you not converse with Jews?

Why is it that you never see any BNP members on animal rights demos? Why, when they lament how we are stealing Africas doctors did they not show up at the Make Poverty History demo? Why, when they claim to be for ordinary people, are they strangely absent during every industrial strike?

(Original post by LC01)
    Yes the PC brigade are at it as well
    I've already (as has someone else) pointed out the reasons why kosher isn't as bad as you would make out (in a thinly veiled attack on other religions), and you chose to not reply/ignore it.
    that in itself speaks volumes.

You chose to believe what you want to believe, not what evidence/logic tells us.
    like your whole 'britain will be muslim by 2100' or 'the white race will be extinct ' malarky.

(Original post by ayaan)
    the animals are killed by cutting the jugular and THEN they're bled out, because, frankly we think eating the blood is gross.
    indeed.
    Look people, listen to someone who actually has a clue in this.
    You slice the jugulars (and carotid too often in the case of animal buchery) and the animal dies very quickly due to loss of blood pressure within the brain - they lose consciousness and drift off very quickly. They dont die of exsanguination. They don't write in pain, or fight once they have been cut. The pain is fleeting.

And as i pointed out before (ignored by LC01 notably) the kosher halal mathods aren't actually any worse in terms of animal hygiene, cruelty, nor consumability, but they can't kill enough animals WELL to feed the entire population. Nor could disease control be successful if it was done on large scale.
    that is the reason for automation of the process.

Incidently there is one horrid tendency, and thats amongst the african community - its calle da 'smokey' look it up. [they're illegal by the way]

ReputationRep:
    no you shouldn't - would only stir up racial hatred etc - situation is bad as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    no you shouldn't - would only stir up racial hatred etc - situation is bad as it is
    I think that's the whole point...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.