Russell Howard - worst comedian out there!

Watch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gueirguiy)
American comedians :sogood: > British comedians.
Russel is not that bad though, he has still got a lot of time to improve.
you having a bubble?
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Footballfiend08)
WOW I definitely do not agree. Frankie Boyle is probably one of the funniest comedians at the moment. In fact the whole mock the week cast is pretty joke...
Frankie Boyle is excellent. Dark... but excellent.
noggins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He's probably the funniest guy on that Mock the Week show ... which isn't saying much.
Fail Whale
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find him really annoying. >
yemisdate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RyanT)
To be fair that's quite a harsh insult.

That Reginald hunter person is truly god awful. The only reason he gets on TV is because he's black*

*The truth - it hurts.
I completely disagree and find Reginald D Hunter hilarious.

Russell Howard is funny in a very unchallenging way. He's OK on Mock The Week when he's part of a panel but I wouldn't watch his standup.
sarah430
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Worst comedian out there? No. That is without a shadow of a doubt that Iranian woman who turns up on Mock the Week from time to time, whose entire repertoire consists of jokes about Iran. She's so unfunny its painful.
aeonflux
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah he is pretty terrible.
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How are you having a discussion about unfunny comedians and no-one has yet mentioned either:

Jo Brand

or

Joan Rivers
Kyalimers
Badges: 21
Report 10 years ago
Andy Parsons beat him to it tbh.
amie05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by moomin_love)
I love him! He's really funny! Russell Howard's News of the Week or whatever it's called is great! I think it's because he just looks really cute while doing all of those things. He's definitely got looks on his side, which a lot of comedians don't have. In fact, he is probably THE hottest comedian Just because you don't share the same sense of humour as him doesn't mean you have to slate him. He makes loads of people laugh and has loads of sell out gigs so stop being so horrible. He's never done anything to you, if you don't like him then don't watch him! Simple. I don't go making threads about people I don't like... It's not nice. Imagine if someone found a website saying how horrible and unfunny you were when it's your profession. I'd feel pretty rubbish and probably get pretty depressed if it was me Make a thread about something somebody cares about.
I love him too!! He's amazing! I went to see him last week :woo:
the-snail
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think much of Russel Howard, he occasionally comes out with something funny but he's not a patch on Frankie Boyle. Call me childish but I like sick/'offensive' jokes. As George Carlin said; 'the job of a comedian is to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberatley'. I generally don't find English 'comedians' that funny, maybe I'm biased but in general I think only Scotland and Ireland can produce decent comedians. I often tend to disagree with the 'popular' view on who's funny and who isn't though, for example alot of people seemed to like Peter Kay for a while but I thought he was :snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:.
Gueirguiy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
you having a bubble?
Richard Pryor & George Carlin, are you having a bubble?
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EssexDan86)
Seriously, what were they thinking letting this man onto Mock the Week? He even makes Andy Parsons look good. Is there anyone else out there who thinks his concept of 'humour' is absolutely atrocious? It seems to consist of:

-Regurgitating other people's jokes and pulling a face
-Speaking in a Bristol accent and pulling a face
-Saying something really low-brow, pulling a face and making some random arm movements
-Talking about something he read in the Daily Mail, and pulling a face
-Pulling a face

If you like him, WHY?! Nearly any other comedian is funnier, with the exception of Jim Davidson!
That is outrageous!

Jim Davidson is a legend! Nah jokes, he is pretty shoddy

Russel Howard is a good comic but yeah he is lacking in material, not one of my favorites but he's better than half the freaks on the Mock the Week.

Personally I only like Hugh Dennis on that show, and whenever David Mitchell goes on there!
Prince Rhyus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Russell Howard fan over here too.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gueirguiy)
Richard Pryor & George Carlin, are you having a bubble?
i dont want to get into a US v UK debate on comedians, but it would end badly for you.
George Agdgdgwngo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
He's very funny, but he's a one trick pony. I'd imagine he'd get boring very quickly if you watch him in anything more than small doses.
Maybe, I've only really seen him on HIGNFY where he's only chipping in for half an hour.
Gueirguiy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
i dont want to get into a US v UK debate on comedians, but it would end badly for you.
I don't think I made myself clear, I think that stand up comedians in America are better, however I prefer British comedy more, nothing for me can top Ronnie Barker.
chebanana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really like Russell Howard either, he gets repetitive after a while...but I COMPLETELY disagree about some of the comments about Reginald D. Hunter on here, he's a far more astute social commentator than Howard or bloody Andy Parsons. Even though Frankie Boyle (and occasionally David Mitchell) is definitely the funniest person on MTW, I actually don't find his stand-up that funny; it's essentially controversial statements said with hugely accented syllables.

Does anyone else wish Dara O'Briain got to perform on MTW? His stand up is fantastic.
moomin_love
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amie05)
I love him too!! He's amazing! I went to see him last week :woo:
Omg I am sooo jealous! I tried to get tickets to everywhere I could possibly get to, but they were all sold out I wish he didn't have a girlfriend... I would sooo propose to him! Haha!
museobsessed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Russell Howard :love:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (305)
34.39%
No (582)
65.61%

Watched Threads