Russell Howard - worst comedian out there!

Watch
bittersweet.poetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find him pretty funny. I watched a few of his BBC three programmes and thought they were funny but I don't think he's that great on Mock the Week. I much prefer Frankie Boyle- I find him hilarious. Girls prob much prefer him though because of him being 'cute' but I don't really see it.
Def not the worst comedian out there though- Jonathan Ross has gotta be one of the worst for me- I find his humour embarrassing!
morg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think he's alright... he blinks far too much though
legendstar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
he's good, you guys dont know comedy. your just a bunch of losers who always **** people who are trying to be good. get a life people!!
Small123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by legendstar)
he's good, you guys dont know comedy. your just a bunch of losers who always **** people who are trying to be good. get a life people!!
Opinion \not= Fact
(Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
I find him pretty funny. I watched a few of his BBC three programmes and thought they were funny but I don't think he's that great on Mock the Week. I much prefer Frankie Boyle- I find him hilarious. Girls prob much prefer him though because of him being 'cute' but I don't really see it.
Def not the worst comedian out there though- Jonathan Ross has gotta be one of the worst for me- I find his humour embarrassing!
There's something about Jonathon Ross that really annoys me. I don't know what it is though. He's not once made me laugh though.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RyanT)
To be fair that's quite a harsh insult.

That Reginald hunter person is truly god awful. The only reason he gets on TV is because he's black*

*The truth - it hurts.
I agree, he's :snow::snow::snow::snow:.
little_green
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hm, I find Russell quite annoying on Mock the Week sometimes - his improbable descriptions of things aren't very funny. But I like his Good News show and saw him live last year and found him hilarious.
bethan92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My only criticism of him is how he repeats his jokes.
He uses exactly the same jokes every time. Tour, MTW, Jonathan Ross, every other TV appearance, all exactly the same jokes. I've now heard them so many times I don't find him funny.
I definitely wouldn't say he was the worst comedian though. First time round his jokes were funny.
Shiny Dirt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i really like him! he's no where near the worst, being quite new i think he's funny
CHEM1STRY
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He ALWAYS sweats really really badly in his pits - pools of it.
Lucyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I quite like him on Mock the Week, the simple humour goes down well at times.. Really didn't enjoy his show on BBC 3 though, it wasn't even verging on funny.
Playboy King
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I totally agree! I cannot stand him at all, in fact I record Mock the Week instead of watching it live just so that I can forward his bullcrap moments.

His jokes aren't really funny, he just tries to make them funny by speaking in a funny loud tone...that to me is the behaviour of a clown, not a comedian.

Frankie Boyle is the god of british comedy right now, shame he's not on the show anymore. I'd like to see Howard be replaced by David Mitchell :yep: he's funny as hell with his serious pompous tone :laugh:
yesioo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saw him live and I can safely say he was amazing...compared to McIntyre anywho.

I like him. I can relate to most of his jokes. However, he gets a bit preachy.
EssexDan86
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Playboy King)
I totally agree! I cannot stand him at all, in fact I record Mock the Week instead of watching it live just so that I can forward his bullcrap moments.

His jokes aren't really funny, he just tries to make them funny by speaking in a funny loud tone...that to me is the behaviour of a clown, not a comedian.

Frankie Boyle is the god of british comedy right now, shame he's not on the show anymore. I'd like to see Howard be replaced by David Mitchell :yep: he's funny as hell with his serious pompous tone :laugh:
Yeah David Mitchell is great - he's so like his Peep Show character it's hilarious!
Jimlon0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jason Byrne is awful, I didn't find any of his 'Live at the Apollo' set funny, just annoying and immature.
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like him!! He might not be the most original but he's sweet and far better than others *cough* frankie boyle *cough*
Earthly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's all about Frankie Boyle

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkJqbO0zHss

ouch
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Playboy King)
LOVE David Mitchell!!! However totally disagree about Frankie- hate the man!
Playboy King
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BookWormShanti)
I like him!! He might not be the most original but he's sweet and far better than others *cough* frankie boyle *cough*
By saying Russell Howard is better than Frankie Boyle is evidence that you know nothing of comedy, and therefore your opinion is negligable. :sigh:
mydearthing
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reginald D. Hunter and Russel Howard are hilarious, so stop the bashing.

Go and pick on Jo Brand or somebody truly unfunny.
dancingshoes10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think he is pretty crap too tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (306)
34.27%
No (587)
65.73%

Watched Threads