Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *shakes hand vigorously* Pleased to meet you, my double! *evil laughter*

ReputationRep:
    Clodagh, I found out my results by getting one of my friends to go down to exam schools, have a look, and ring me. It's not as bad as it sounds.
    It's a bit of an anti-climax really - getting my breakdown was far more exciting. (1% off a distinction. I hate you all)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone in Oxford at the moment! I thought you told me you'd failed Prelims before you'd started due to some meh IT thingbob?? very good you haven't though

ReputationRep:
    No, I have. I got 197 on the 3 papers I passed. The IT thing is just a pass/fail job, it doesn't affect my mark (it affects the pass/fail thing).
    I'm sure you can get hold of someone in Oxford. Don't you have tutors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    Clodagh, I found out my results by getting one of my friends to go down to exam schools, have a look, and ring me.
    Congratulations with your results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RxB)
    No, I have. I got 197 on the 3 papers I passed. The IT thing is just a pass/fail job, it doesn't affect my mark (it affects the pass/fail thing).
    I'm sure you can get hold of someone in Oxford. Don't you have tutors?
    Do you just retake the IT? ah, so thats what it means when it says "passed in 2 subjects" that confused me! Wootley on near distinction though!

and I don't really have enough guts to ask someone / email scary tutor. I'll wait here. *sits and looks at letterbox/OxGoss*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    Thank you! and Bezza - ack! I'm not sure I want to be innocently trawling OxGoss with a cup of tea and have NEW - ENGLISH MODS up there before the envelope arrives! *rocks back and forth* On a happy note, I have pre-ordered HP 6
    english mods are out now (or at least my friend knows his). They're not up on oxgoss though. Are you sure you're an english student? Surely any english student realises HP is a pile of ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    english mods are out now (or at least my friend knows his). They're not up on oxgoss though. Are you sure you're an english student? Surely any english student realises HP is a pile of ****!
    perhaps she just has a larger breadth of reading taste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoraster)
    perhaps she just has a larger breadth of reading taste?
    Taste? Harry Potter? :rofl: :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    sure! I mean, some people have a taste for pretentiousness, after all.

ReputationRep:
    I survey you all with my evil stance of glaring ness and erm, deathly stares. *beams lasers at screen*

Out now? *stomach falls through floor* erm..eeeeeeeeeeeek! might be in the post tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    I survey you all with my evil stance of glaring ness and erm, deathly stares. *beams lasers at screen*

Out now? *stomach falls through floor* erm..eeeeeeeeeeeek! might be in the post tomorrow..
    hahaha what? I was defending you!

ReputationRep:
    oooh, very good I have a shameless love of Harry Potter! I will not give it up! never! *hugs amazon pre-order* come, my pretty!!!

ReputationRep:
    I really wish they'd hurry up and put the English Mods results up. This is driving me insane.

ReputationRep:
    I've looked at the threads on OxGoss saying "when are they out! when??" and someone on there said they've been pinned up today or yesterday! OxGoss is making me nervous...I'll see NEW! ENGLISH MODS! and pass out and fall off my chair. Is it worth the effing 3 hour train journey to Oxford if I cannot wait anymore and may well become alarmingly aggressive to my lovely postman!?! (He's got a tough week...this and delivering me the new HP book...he's probably wondering why my head is always out of my window watching him cycle down my road...)

ReputationRep:
    Just because I'm a curious little badger, could someone tell me what the words in bold preceding peoples' names on Prelims boards such as http://www.oxforddata.com/results/mo...%20PRELIMS.jpg mean? I imagine it's got something to do with prizes / distinctions, but as I'm not entirely sure (and, indeed, a little bored), I thought I'd ask you guys.

Kudos to everyone who did well (sounds like all of you, more or less...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yttrium)
    Just because I'm a curious little badger, could someone tell me what the words in bold preceding peoples' names on Prelims boards such as http://www.oxforddata.com/results/mo...%20PRELIMS.jpg mean? I imagine it's got something to do with prizes / distinctions, but as I'm not entirely sure (and, indeed, a little bored), I thought I'd ask you guys.

Kudos to everyone who did well (sounds like all of you, more or less...)
    I assume it indicates the language in which they got a distinction.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHH

I GOT A DISTINCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I phoned the college secretary cos I was about to kill the postman!!!!!

!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps about*

ReputationRep:
    Woo!! Congrats.

(Good old Rachel eh? She's a saint! D'you know if she has breakdowns yet?)

ReputationRep:
    Rachel is now my favourite person Yep, she has breakdowns and everything!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.