Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When do they announce it? And more to the point, how much money do we get? Do they put out tuition fees from now on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    When do they announce it?
    college variation i imagine - but typically seems to be in the first half of Michaelmas term. though certain more academia-focussed colleges are rather eager with Hilary exam people it would seem.

And more to the point, how much money do we get? Do they put out tuition fees from now on ?
    no. & i doubt there's too much college variation on that .

how uncouth to be discussing such matters, but ahem, anyway, going rate i've heard of is £200 pa for whatever the college topmost rank is & half that for the lower one off your battels in termly installments. but the gown costs £52.99.

i now feel an urge to grumble about it being eaten by rent rises.

the secret handshaking-y business is the uber fun part though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Secret handshake? How fun, hehe! Unfortunately, my previous 'hypothetic' situation has now turned into a hyper-pathetic situation. Got my results breakdown today, and I think I can probably kiss the gown/money/handshake goodbye... :bawling: ...because on top of the poor term, I missed getting a first by HALF A MARK. :vmad: I mean, come on... what are the chances?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    college variation i imagine - but typically seems to be in the first half of Michaelmas term. though certain more academia-focussed colleges are rather eager with Hilary exam people it would seem.

no. & i doubt there's too much college variation on that .

how uncouth to be discussing such matters, but ahem, anyway, going rate i've heard of is £200 pa for whatever the college topmost rank is & half that for the lower one off your battels in termly installments. but the gown costs £52.99.

i now feel an urge to grumble about it being eaten by rent rises.

the secret handshaking-y business is the uber fun part though! :p:
    Am I right in thinking we get money off battels for getting a distinction???!?! YAY! I think we get a cheque from the college to buy the gown....do we? Oooh, fabulous! £££££££

Fizzymartini - ow! i feel your pain!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.