Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The horrendous events that have happened in London, that we all feared, when and not if.

Do you think Tony Blair's high profile association with George Bush on terrorism accelarated what has happened?

Do you think that Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and the rest of our major cities will come under attack, if Mr Blair is advised by his team of 'experts' to maintain this high profile stance?

ReputationRep:
    The front page of the express tomorrow seems to reveal that they have information that Manchester/Birmingham are targets for a second attack.

This is just stupid stupid stupid speculation though. However, I'm going to indulge, apologies in advance, I can't help but think about the Oxford Road bus route, there's simply nothing like that in Britain at commuter time. Hundreds of packed buses per hour going down there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes its all Blair's fault.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you come to that conclusion?

ReputationRep:
    An attack in birmingham i think will happen at some time or another...i hope not though I couldnt stand an attack in my home town.

--Ive just heard that Britain is going too pull troops out of iraq!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to leave the political thing out of my reply..

As for other major cities, i think they'll be fine. Security's too tight everywhere.

And, sorry, I'll have to draw your attention to the hugeass sticky at the top of the page... Why make a separate thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    --Ive just heard that Britain is going too pull troops out of iraq!
    No, there's some vague waffle about a secret plan in one of tomorrow's papers, shame on both of us for indulging in such speculation =P

ReputationRep:
    No need to apologise dogtaniam, I am aware of the 'hugeass sticky' at the top of the page, I was just hoping for some political views and weather Blairs assosiation with Bush is to blame?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homoterror)
    No, there's some vague waffle about a secret plan in one of tomorrow's papers, shame on both of us for indulging in such speculation =P
    lol im just repeating what ive read....
    I hope we dont pull out as this will seem as if we are giving in.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Tony Blair's high profile association with George Bush on terrorism accelarated what happened in London?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, OK, it's just that I figured anyone wanting that sort of reply would've posted it in D+D which, thanks to the powers of merging, is where this thread resides.

I'm staying out of the politics of it until further notice, when more is known about who actually did it. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, that is understandable and I totally understand your stance on the matter Much appreciate the views you have contributed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBellyBaby)
    The horrendous events that have happened in London, that we all feared, when and not if.

Do you think Tony Blair's high profile association with George Bush on terrorism accelarated what has happened?

Do you think that Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and the rest of our major cities will come under attack, if Mr Blair is advised by his team of 'experts' to maintain this high profile stance?
    Thre are several appropriate threads open on this topic. Please find one.

ReputationRep:
    Could you please give me an indication of ones appropriate to this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Could you please give me an indication of ones appropriate to this thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=129554

ReputationRep:
    Thank You May I also ask for your views on my question Vienna?

ReputationRep:
    Thank You May I also ask for your views on my question Vienna?
    You may and the answer to your question is no.

ReputationRep:
    ok, any particular reason for this?

ReputationRep:
    *Gently pries people away from thread*

If this discussion could be continued on the thead vienna linked it would be appreciated. JellyBellybaby, feel free to ask your questions on that thread, provided they haven't been answered.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thank you for bringing this to my attention Padfoot90

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.