Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just about to start a Business Management degree at Bath university in oct. I know its probably a little early to start thinking about careers or whatever and no doubt i will have a better understanding upon having completed the first year in regards the direction i wish to head.

But...at the moment i am interested in the business ethics aspect of my studies. Social responsibility and such like. analysing the key stakeholders and devising strategic plans which take into account such factors. Im unsure of what job roles are out there which would provide this.

Are there any management consultants reading who have any input or anybody who knows of specific job titles/firms who would deal in such aspects of consultancy? any thoughts would be much appreciated. I know the major players such as Accenture who have a number of consultancy positions but i am unsure of the nature of their specific job roles.

It would be great if someone could point me in the direction of where i need to targeting my efforts.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, from my contact with management consultants (McKinsey / BCG / Accenture, et al.) if you've got a passion for a certain aspect of business (ethical business, whatever) then you probably want to look away from the mainstream big consultancies. essentially, McKinsey and their competitors are, in the majority of cases, brought in to essentially "rubber-stamp" and lend credibility to a strategy that the company that has hired the consultants has already decided on. Either that or I think you find that a lot of the big consultants just get a theme and sometimes try to roll out the same notion to all customers. So you might need to go a bit more niche, or maybe look at a lobbying co would be my impression.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jimiboy

Maybe Systain (www.systain.de), a German consulting group, is interesting for you. I applied with them but got rejected. They offer solutions for "sustainability". On their website you can read about their mission and principles.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.