Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Why not just take a map/written out instructions? Much easier than going to the stress of memorising them all on top of thinking about packing and stuff!
    I am more likely to get a GSP phone before the summer is over

ReputationRep:
    Why not just take a map/written out instructions? Much easier than going to the stress of memorising them all on top of thinking about packing and stuff!
    i agree - maps are so much easier! and cheaper. And not as complicated as GPS systems!

ReputationRep:
    maps for the win!

and you can get one with all the speed camera locations too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i agree - maps are so much easier! and cheaper. And not as complicated as GPS systems!
    Exactly! Not to mention that you're far more likely to take a wrong turning through just memorising the directions than by stopping every so often to check the map - or even having a quick glance at it in traffic lights or something!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Not to mention that you're far more likely to take a wrong turning through just memorising the directions than by stopping every so often to check the map - or even having a quick glance at it in traffic lights or something!
    When i'm driving somewhere a considerable distance away, i tend to write out the directions for the last bit (like in the residential area, if i'm going to someone's house) but for the motorway/dual carriageway bit i find it much better to use the map - directions are hard to follow. But i always look at a map before leaving for somewhere new, to get an idea of which way i should be heading, past which towns etc., so you can watch signs and know you're on the right track!

Plus if you hear about a hold up you can pull over and quickly find an alternative route!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to take a map with me but I would rather use a gsp sat nat

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.