Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Why not just take a map/written out instructions? Much easier than going to the stress of memorising them all on top of thinking about packing and stuff!
    I am more likely to get a GSP phone before the summer is over

ReputationRep:
    Why not just take a map/written out instructions? Much easier than going to the stress of memorising them all on top of thinking about packing and stuff!
    i agree - maps are so much easier! and cheaper. And not as complicated as GPS systems!

ReputationRep:
    maps for the win!

and you can get one with all the speed camera locations too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i agree - maps are so much easier! and cheaper. And not as complicated as GPS systems!
    Exactly! Not to mention that you're far more likely to take a wrong turning through just memorising the directions than by stopping every so often to check the map - or even having a quick glance at it in traffic lights or something!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Not to mention that you're far more likely to take a wrong turning through just memorising the directions than by stopping every so often to check the map - or even having a quick glance at it in traffic lights or something!
    When i'm driving somewhere a considerable distance away, i tend to write out the directions for the last bit (like in the residential area, if i'm going to someone's house) but for the motorway/dual carriageway bit i find it much better to use the map - directions are hard to follow. But i always look at a map before leaving for somewhere new, to get an idea of which way i should be heading, past which towns etc., so you can watch signs and know you're on the right track!

Plus if you hear about a hold up you can pull over and quickly find an alternative route!

ReputationRep:
    I am going to take a map with me but I would rather use a gsp sat nat

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.