The Student Room Group

I really like this girl but I just can't bring myself to tell her.

I'm going to start off by warning you this will probably be a massive essay will make me sound like a bit of a sap so I apologise in advance :o:

I'm 17 and have never even kissed a girl, let alone had a girlfriend, I know that sounds sad... I have very low self esteem, especially around people I don't really know. When I'm with my mates I talk loads, have a laugh and generally am alot more comfortable with myself, when I'm not I won't talk at all so you imagine what I'm like when it comes to girls. I got picked on alot at school cos I was one of the smarter kids, but I'll spare you the sob story, lets just say I'm quite an emotional person but I always bottle up my feelings, most of the time I feel down and I often suspect myself of suffering from depression (that's another story) despite having some really good mates, a great family and I'm doing well at college (going to uni next year hence why I'm on here).

Anyway, I had a small crush on this girl for ages but I never really thought anything of it, a few months ago it started to develop a bit and now I can't stop thinking about her. In my eyes she is absolutely perfect and I would give almost anything to be with her :frown: .The first year of college I never really talked to her or her friends but this year I sit with them in one of my classes and would consider them all friends, they've been really nice to me considering I never bothered talking to them in first year.

"A few months ago" was when our class went on a trip to London, I hung around with 'her' and her mates for the whole trip and it was pretty fun, I talked to her quite a bit (before this we only knew each other well enough to say "Hi" if we saw one another). At the end of the day we had to walk back to the bus to get home, by this time it was dark and London was all lit up. I was walking ahead with her friends when I noticed that she dropped behind to take photos, so I decided to walk with her for a while, we talked a little (I made some stupid comment about how nice London looked at night :o: ) I dunno, it was just nice (kind of romantic I guess.....lol...although that was all in my head).

When we caught up with the others one of them started singing that "puppy love" song and I could tell they suspected something, from then onwards they always joke about how we should "get married" etc etc..... What they don't realise is that I'm serious about her. This was about the time I started to feel alot more strongly about her. Every time they joke she just kind of ignores it so I dunno how she feels about the whole thing. I just wish I could tell her everything but it's really difficult, she's always with her friends at college and the only other alternative is a proper chat on MSN (But that's kind of sad, I'm guessing you girls out there would prefer a chat face-to-face). I talk to her if we're alone (rarely), but hardly say anything if her friends are around so I feel really bad, like I SHOULD be talking to her and she must think I'm weird cos I don't... I talk to her online (every few days, I don't want to seem desperate despite the fact I probably am.)

I confessed everything to one of her friends the other day (It took about an hour of talking :s-smilie: ). It was good to let it all out but I know I can trust her friend not to say anything to the joke-y ones. Another factor is a guy friend of mine, he started talking to 'her' on facebook, texting etc (I never got a text from her :confused: ) so I was understandably paranoid, but I've confessed to him aswell and he was fine with it and he said I should've told him earlier, he's actually trying to help me with the situation now. He's a good friend and I'm almost 100% sure there isnt anything going on but I just thought I'd mention it in the scheme of things.

I really just can't stop thinking about her, but like me, she hides her feelings far too well and I can't tell if she feels the same way. I keep blaming myself for not doing anything sooner cos we're both going to uni next year, but the uni's are 100's of miles away, even if we did go out I'm not sure it would work come september. I know I come across as antisocial so I'm worried that if she does like me, she thinks I'm not interested so she's given up. I just want to tell her but I never get the opportunity at college, but the longer I leave it the more depressed I get about everything...I know I need to tell her, I'm just not sure how, please help :frown:

Again I apologise for the essay but I really needed to get that all out lol.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do it. It may seem the end of the world if she says she is not intered, but atleast you tried and you can't blame a guy for trying. If she says she is not interested then leave it at that, don't push the issue. Perhaps be a bit ambiguous at first, don't just blurt out that you fancy the pants off of her, and see if she responds.
Reply 2
If she's on O2, i'll tell her for you. :wink2:

But srsly, just tell her. :smile:

What do you have to lose...?
Reply 3
Go on my son
Reply 4
You sound like you get attached too easily and start obsessing over any girl who shows any attention.

That's not an insult, that's the case with me and when I read your post it seems like we are in similar situations.

That doesn't mean it can't happen, just that I've been there and I let it slip by. Now I've forgotten about it but that was after a few months wondering what I've missed out on.

So hopefully you'll get the courage to ask her out unlike me, good luck.
Reply 5
I used to be just like this, but then at around Halloween I came to the realisation that sometimes you just need to be upfront. Would you rather:

A. Tell her,worst case scenario being her thinking you're "sweet", but telling you she doesn't see you that way, or
B. Never tell her, and have nothing happen?

Sometimes it's best not to dance around the subject and just... tell them.
Sometimes it works out really, really well.
Reply 6
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

But seriously yeah, I think the easiest and best solution to your situation would be to ask the the friend of hers (who you confessed everything to) to have a private (often jokey) word with the girl you like - and to try get any information out of her for you.

So basically just ask this girl mate of hers to ask your crush "what do you think of him etc etc."

Tell her to make up some :snow::snow::snow::snow: like "I can kinda tell you two like each other, what do you think of him? Shall i sort it out? :p: " hahah...

Obviously she must do this in a most subtle way, so it wont arouse suspicion from her to you lol. But then again that wouldnt matter if it was blatantly obvious if she likes you anyway.

Good luck bro
*MJ*
If she's on O2, i'll tell her for you. :wink2:

But srsly, just tell her. :smile:

What do you have to lose...?

Dignity

Hope

Respect...
Reply 8
Ask her the :snow::snow::snow::snow: out man. Otherwise you'll never know.

Twisted Blood
Dignity

Hope

Respect...

You have got to be kidding me...

:facepalm2:
dont be a pussy lol go for it..you've told everyone but her..cmon..just tell her..
How awkward would it be if he gets turfed and everyone in his class knows. Stay away from it - there's a good lad.
Think how much you'll regret it if you never do anything about it. She could feel the same way back, and you'd never have known. What've you got to lose? If she doesn't feel the same way back, at least you gave it a shot. Better to do something about it than nothing at all.
My mate got rejected and it was so awkward for months! I think the best time to ask is just before summer holiday so you don't keep bumping into her if she rejects you.
I am in the same situation only im a girl, so kinda opposit to you really. He used to always take notice of me and try to speak to me and almost touch me but I never told him how i felt and i was too quite, so i guess he lost interest. I think you shoould act now, but its hard i know how u feel.
Reply 14
Man up, tell her
Reply 15
Tell her.
Reply 16
+ polarity -
THE GAME has spoken.

I just lost the game.

Damn.. and i was doing so well :nooo:

I vote you tell her, you stand to gain more from telling her than keeping quiet.
Reply 17
just take her out, do something fun, have a laugh, and if it feels right (you'll know if it does), make a move or tell her!...Best of luck!
Reply 18
Heh, quite surprised anyone managed to survive my life story, let alone give me useful advice, thanks :smile:

To the people telling me to "man up": I actually agree, but you have no idea much I've heard this from my guy mates lol.

mr eko, again I agree, just another one of my many faults :s-smilie:

DeeDub, you gave me a much needed laugh, cheers haha

It's also just occured to me how sad I must sound. Ah well, God bless the anonimity of the internet :cool:

I'll see how it goes seeing as I won't be seeing her til term time, thanks all :smile:
If you think the friendship could withstand you telling her you like her but she not liking you back, then GO FOR IT.

If you don't think the friendship could withstand that, then you need to weigh up the chances.

Good luck, keep us updated (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending