Turn on thread page Beta

Rugy World Cup And Johnny W watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is It Just Me That Has Had Enough Of The Rugby World Cup Being Rammed Down Our Throats By The Media.

Ok I Am English And It Was Good To See Us Beat (deservedly So) The Aussies And Become World Champs But I Dont Want To Hear About It All The Time.

Everyone Keeps Comparing It To The Football. Why? If We Won The Footy World Cup Or Even Euro2004 Next Year, It Would Mean Far More To People Than The Rubber Egg Chasers Achievement!!!

So Lets Just Drop The Hype. No Ones Interested In Rugby Any Other Time. They Only Show An Interest When Theres A Worldcup Near. Its The Same With The Athletics!!!

Am I The Only One Who Has Had Enough??????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurt44)
    Is It Just Me That Has Had Enough Of The Rugby World Cup Being Rammed Down Our Throats By The Media.

Ok I Am English And It Was Good To See Us Beat (deservedly So) The Aussies And Become World Champs But I Dont Want To Hear About It All The Time.

Everyone Keeps Comparing It To The Football. Why? If We Won The Footy World Cup Or Even Euro2004 Next Year, It Would Mean Far More To People Than The Rubber Egg Chasers Achievement!!!

So Lets Just Drop The Hype. No Ones Interested In Rugby Any Other Time. They Only Show An Interest When Theres A Worldcup Near. Its The Same With The Athletics!!!

:confused: maybe.I agree anyway

ReputationRep:

Hey, be nice im always interested in rugby, from way before the world cup. It is compared to the football because unlike in football, we have an amzing team capable of wining major world tournaments. The thing i have had enough of is Jonny Wilkinson, he is a hero but so are all the other players in the squad, Lewesy, Moddy, Johnson, Back, Vickery, Thompson

ReputationRep:
    The rubber egg game involves a lot more skill than the poke a ball down the pitch game. It's a massive achievement and greater than that of winning Euro 2004 would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Hey, be nice im always interested in rugby, from way before the world cup. It is compared to the football because unlike in football, we have an amzing team capable of wining major world tournaments. The thing i have had enough of is Jonny Wilkinson, he is a hero but so are all the other players in the squad, Lewesy, Moddy, Johnson, Back, Vickery, Thompson
    THEY DESERVE PRAISE TOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    The rubber egg game involves a lot more skill than the poke a ball down the pitch game. It's a massive achievement and greater than that of winning Euro 2004 would be.

FOOTBALL IS THE PEOPLES GAME

UNION IS AN ELITIST TOFFS PAST TIME AND WE WONT WIN IT IN 2007!!!!

ReputationRep:

Do We Have A Problem With The Use Of English Language Standard Punctuation and Use of Captial Letters?

ReputationRep:
    FOOTBALL IS THE PEOPLES GAME

UNION IS AN ELITIST TOFFS PAST TIME AND WE WONT WIN IT IN 2007!!!!
    Is that a bet- and no i dont think you can qualify it as an elite game, when most rugby is played at an amateur level and is therefore unpaid whereas on top of the amateur leagues there are thousands of footblal clubs with professional players. Footballers earn more money, so why is rugby elite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Is that a bet- and no i dont think you can qualify it as an elite game, when most rugby is played at an amateur level and is therefore unpaid whereas on top of the amateur leagues there are thousands of footblal clubs with professional players. Footballers earn more money, so why is rugby elite.

JUST LOOK AT ALL OF THE PLAYERS IN THE ENGLAND TEAM. FROM RICH FAMILIES.

YOU JUST PROVED THAT FOOTBALL IS THE PPLS SPORT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Do We Have A Problem With The Use Of English Language Standard Punctuation and Use of Captial Letters?
    In reply to the private message you just sent me which read like this so everyone knows:
    BEING FROM ESSEX IM SURPRISED YOU NOTICED. URES WASNT TOO GOOD EITHER!!!!!!
    1. There is nothing wrong with being from Essex, Chelmsford happens to be the home of two of the top grammar schools in the country (I go to one of them) and I don't think a person's intellect is that badly affected by where they live anyway.
    2. As to your second sentence, you just made yourself look incredibly stupid have a nice day
    xxx

ReputationRep:

take caps lock off and the only reason is because state schools (other than grammers) were too snobbish to play rugby as it would make them like private schools. How can you have a people's sport. Anyway the mob never knows whats best for them. THat's up for me to decide

ReputationRep:
    In reply to the private message you just sent me which read like this so everyone knows:
    BEING FROM ESSEX IM SURPRISED YOU NOTICED. URES WASNT TOO GOOD EITHER!!!!!!
    1. There is nothing wrong with being from Essex, Chelmsford happens to be the home of two of the top grammar schools in the country (I go to one of them) and I don't think a person's intellect is that badly affected by where they live anyway.
    2. As to your second sentence, you just made yourself look incredibly stupid have a nice day
    xxx

naaaaahhhhhhh!

ReputationRep:

They're not really from rich families. Where I live rugby is definitely played by 'working-class' people a lot more than football is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    take caps lock off and the only reason is because state schools (other than grammers) were too snobbish to play rugby as it would make them like private schools. How can you have a people's sport. Anyway the mob never knows whats best for them. THat's up for me to decide

I GOTTA GO BUT IVE ENJOYED ARGUING WITH YOU ##

LATERS

ReputationRep:
    They're not really from rich families. Where I live rugby is definitely played by 'working-class' people a lot more than football is.

RIGHT NIGEL

ReputationRep:
    naaaaahhhhhhh!
    How clear you are! What do you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    I GOTTA GO BUT IVE ENJOYED ARGUING WITH YOU ##

LATERS
    l8rs

ReputationRep:

SORRY NIGEL I JUST RE READ URE MSG.

THATS TOTAL RUBBISH FOOTBALL IS FOR THE WORKING CLASSES. WHERE THE HELL URE LIVIN I DONT KNOW!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How clear you are! What do you mean by that?

GRAMMAR SCHOOL. NUFF SAID.

ReputationRep:
    GRAMMAR SCHOOL. NUFF SAID.
    You have got a very chauvanistic attitude m8, not everyone from comp schools are awesome and everyone else is stupid and elitist

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.