Turn on thread page Beta

Getting over a holiday romance watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waddles)
    give her a break, u dont know the circumstances of her and her boyfriend.
    But there's simply no excuse for it. Whatever the circumstances, cheating is cheating and it's wrong!

ReputationRep:
    I agree - cheating can never really be justified (only perhaps in exceptional circumstances, for example, say someone is being abused/neglected by an absolute ******* of a husband/wife - then cheating would kind of be understandable).

Holiday cheating is very tacky. ORIGINAL POSTER - I suggest you tell your boyfriend, you obviously aren't that into him anyway if you cheated whilst away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahsum)
    Anyone got any experience or advice for this?

have you got his no or anything?

ReputationRep:
    What if u met the person of ur dreams whilst u were away on holiday but u were goin out wiv someone at home who u had been having a lot of problems wiv! would u not get with the guy of ur dreams and then dump ur boyfriend wen u get home!? there r circumstances wen cheatin is not necessarily acceptable but its gonna happen! anyway she didnt ask if it was bad that she cheated on her bf she wanted to no how get over this holiday romance!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it doesn't sound like she's going to tell her bf, or break up with him, in which case it's really out of order.

ReputationRep:
    ye fair enough..... if u cheat on someone u shud either tell them and let them decide or break up with them

ReputationRep:
    Why get over it? Travel there and have a great time

ReputationRep:
    How can you like somebody so much in 1/2 weeks that it takes you time to "get over" them?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you just click with people and the old saying "you always want what you cant have" is a right S.O.B perhaps thats why she wants him so mcuh becuase she knows she cant have him sorta thing? im guessing with a holiday romance he doesnt live close to you?

Neways different country aint cheating no matter what spin you put on it and your only young once live while you can make the most of it! screw everyone else and have a good time! none of this "cheating cant be jsutified crap" better to have regrets than live your life like an 18 going 85 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    How can you like somebody so much in 1/2 weeks that it takes you time to "get over" them?
    awwwwwww missing your 'romance' mate?

ReputationRep:
    extremely difficult but it fades with time....
    just try and go out more have fun with ur current mates.

(Original post by Goody1)
    Sometimes you just click with people and the old saying "you always want what you cant have" is a right S.O.B perhaps thats why she wants him so mcuh becuase she knows she cant have him sorta thing? im guessing with a holiday romance he doesnt live close to you?

Neways different country aint cheating no matter what spin you put on it and your only young once live while you can make the most of it! screw everyone else and have a good time! none of this "cheating cant be jsutified crap" better to have regrets than live your life like an 18 going 85 year old.
    fidelity isn't a trait of the elderly so much as anyone who is past puberty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Spin the bottle, silly drinking games etc are fine. But a romance?
    hell no.
    Like one of the couples in Love Actually (where the guy becomes infatuated with a new employee in his office), the wife says something along the lines of: If it was just sex then it's bad - but not that bad, but what if it's love...

ReputationRep:
    Lol no she says that she is wondering if it is
    "Just a gold necklace
    Or a gold necklace and sex
    Or worst of all a gold necklace *sob* and love"

Hehe sorry that bit always makes me cry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    surely its wrong to say that everyone who cheats on someone is acting like pre-pubescent? on your high horse abit there arnt you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    *Agrees with Jamie* (again!)

Little games like "pass the whatever" are fine. Even dares and the A & B game, and spin the bottle etc is fine. Because it's not properly pulling and you don't want to do it, it really doesn't count.

A holiday romance is cheating and you need to tell your boyfriend. I personally couldn't stay with someone knowing they loved me thinking I was something else.
    In my opinion, kissing is cheating, no matter what the context. Spin the bottle would count as cheating if you kissed someone else, as if you're with friends they should understand if you're in a relationship and so don't want to get involved.....

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    In my opinion, kissing is cheating, no matter what the context. Spin the bottle would count as cheating if you kissed someone else, as if you're with friends they should understand if you're in a relationship and so don't want to get involved.....
    Ruthie xx
    Another one in the sensibility club (and "sensible" doesn't exclude fun)!

My favourite frame of the cheating issue:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i consider anything i wouldn't do in front of my partner inappropriate even if he's not there. in my eyes that is excessive flirting and kissing. i'd be upset to see him doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    awwwwwww missing your 'romance' mate?
    Yeh, I just can't get over her! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A friend (a biology student) told me that being in love causes a chemical to be created in the brain, and that it takes a year for this chemical to be brocken down again...he did say the names and proper terms for this but ive forgotten.

So if that theory is true, it'll take a year for the 'love' to finally leave your system

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.