prospective_uk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I got admits for MSc Finance (Imperial), MSc Finance & Management (Cranfield), MSc Finance (Lancaster) and MSc Investment Banking & Finance (Glasgow). Awaiting results from Warwick and LSE.

I know that if I get into LSE, there is no confusion, but would someone guide me on Imperial vs Warwick vs Cranfield for IB jobs. I am biased towards Imperial as I have an engineering background.

Imperial Advantages : Overall university rank, London based, Quant based, CISI exemption, CFA partner.
Imperial Disadvantage: probably the most expensive other than LBS.

Pls. help.
MrManager
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey! im at cranfield, wouldn't know about your other choices, Its not the same as living in london, pretty cut-off.. and not much employer visits, but the one thing that makes my really happy is the lecturers that i have, some of my favorites are Steven Regan, you can watch his bbc interviews online.. he teaches economics. Sri, our financial management lecturer is retiring, which is a shame. and Sudi, who teaches M&A etc, and is well know in his field will also be retiring. strategic management professors are great and came here from imperial. so my conclusion is the course is amazing, they try to give you much more than other unis and go at a fast pace, in order to give you as much as possible in the 11 months. student backgrounds are much more diverse as we have 20 nationalities within our class of 53, ages are very diverse as well, . brand isn't as good as your other choices, because this uni is small, and has no undergrads and is in a field, with an airfield. so it's no brand name.. i would choose LSE - imperial, then not sure which out of warwick and cranfield is next, coz i get very very mixed comments about warwick..
ILIGAN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
which program did you apply at LSE and Warwick?
prospective_uk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks MrManager...

At both LSE and Warwick, I applied for MSc Finance
username2529609
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For Finance ie Financial Markets you should look at ICMA Centre at Reading University, as it is the only UK centre that has the industry directly involved with the course. It is also a CFA partner and has several other accreditations, and unlike Cranfield it has regular visits from companies in the sector. It has far better facilities than LSE. I know I went there. There is a global student body and very active alumni network covering Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, North America, including the USA (especially North America). There are also financial ie trading competitions with several US universities, including Carnegie-Mellon, NYU and UPenn (Wharton). LSE's relies on its reputation for Economics. My class had graduates from Cambridge, Harvard, LSE, MIT, Imperial, Queen's University (Canada), Vanderbilt, Toronto, NYU, India Institute of Management, Delhi, Stanford, Bocconi, IE, Durham, Bologna, Warwick, and several african and middle eastern universities (Saudi and Jordan).

All aspects of finance are covered from Behavioural Finance and Financial Engineering to Islamic Finance and Financial Law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.12%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.64%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.08%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.79%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.37%

Watched Threads