Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The attacks in London sickened me. How anyone can be allowed to live in this country and incite hate against her is beyond me. Why can't people just get along? What saddened me most, which might seem strange, is how the elderly must feel about the bombings. They risked their lives to defend our great country against the Nazi ideals and succeeded. How must they feel when they see people who have no right to be here, who contribute nothing, who spunge off benefits, who condemn our beautiful way of life cause death and chaos in our greatest city. How dare they. The Human Rights farse should be scrapped, torn-up and thrown in their faces and then they should be found and publicly executed. That will send a message to anyone who is thinking of scarring this land or anyone who thinks they can get away with hating it. Then they will be running scared, with their Nike trainers on, back to their caves.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The Human Rights farse should be scrapped, torn-up and thrown in their faces
    What?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like the lyrics to an oldskool rap choone. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    The Human Rights Act does not protect decent British citizens. It provides a cushion for people who commit crimes, however petty or however callous. It is not a simple Act, as it so obviously should be and it is therefore taken advantage of. It is pointless in it's current state and should be made far simpler or, better, scrapped. Without a Human Rights Act, I know this country would be a better place. Firstly, Human Rights lawyers and activists wouldn't exist, who quite frankly in my opinion do not care for real human rights. Secondly, no one could take advantage of it, which might mean a few more criminals behind bars a bit less political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie K)
    That will send a message to anyone who is thinking of scarring this land or anyone who thinks they can get away with hating it.

Yes, and that message will be "Oh crap, the BNP idiots have taken over. Take off and nuke from orbit, it's the only way to be safe."

ReputationRep:
    ell oh ell.

In the war we were fighting against fascism, Eddie.

ReputationRep:
    That will send a message to anyone who is thinking of scarring this land
    that will certainly deter the suicide bombers. I think the attacks spread hatred as shown by the threadstarter, by doing this I think you are letting them win.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that we need to bring back capital punishment and stop immigration, but I think the human rights act need to be revised not scraped, we dont want this country going back to medievil torture.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way that as soon as I try and say something patriotic I'm considered a BNP activist. I love my country and I like the notion of it being diverse. I do not want people in this country who do not love it or want to destroy it, as should be the opinion of any person who lives in any country. The BNP party are practically neo-Nazi's, I am not one of them. Please, just because I love my country, do not label me one of them as you simply show that you are narrow-minded.

ReputationRep:
    Eddie, you're being attacked by a BNP member from the left, that is not a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    that will certainly deter the suicide bombers. I think the attacks spread hatred as shown by the threadstarter, by doing this I think you are letting them win.
    I don't have hatred against Islam, which you may be suggesting. I have hatred against these criminals only. Letting them win would be not to find them and give them a taste of their own medicine.

ReputationRep:
    How must they feel when they see people who have no right to be here, who contribute nothing, who spunge off benefits
    So you know who planted the bombs?! :confused:.

Well, you seem to know a lot about the murderers even though the police don't even seem to know yet.

ReputationRep:
    Even if you didn't mean to sound far-right, that whole view's very simplistic. The bombers didn't want to destroy our way of life (as Blair claimed) but it seems more likely that it was a reaction to what is happening in Iraq...What we and they should understand, however, is that violence is not a solution to violence. Until everyone sees that we will never all get along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    So you know who planted the bombs?! :confused:.

Well, you seem to know a lot about the murderers even though the police don't even seem to know yet.
    I know the stereotype of the person who I would consider to be most likely to plant the bombs, yes.

ReputationRep:
    I know the stereotype of the person who I would consider to be most likely to plant the bombs, yes.
    You seriously thing stereotypes are helpful in this situation? So if you were head of the investigation, you'd simply round up a bunch of muslims who are here illegally?

ReputationRep:
    The Human Rights Act is good because it has entrenched our basic human rights, and many felt that this was neccessary.

I do agree with Eddie, though, that the HRA has somewhat tipped the balance of justice away from the victim. Regardless though, Kingslaw is right in saying that we have no idea who carried out these bombings, and it is too early to speculate.

ReputationRep:
    Prejudices? Unjustified accusations? Stereotypes?
    Huge restrictions on human rights? Nationalism?
    "back to their caves"?

Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richl)
    Even if you didn't mean to sound far-right, that whole view's very simplistic.
    I like simple. I don't think it is wrong or over-simplistic to say that the people who did it hate this country.

ReputationRep:
    No, but that's not quite what you said. I agree with you, they couldn't attack our citizens without hating us to some degree now could they?

It's the other reasons which I found simplistic.

ReputationRep:
    I like simple. I don't think it is wrong or over-simplistic to say that the people who did it hate this country.
    Okay i'll be stereotypical...

Going by your profile pic, you look like a typical member of the BNP, and thus your comments don't suprise me.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.