Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    It would be a flaw if Nationalism was offered as a method for bringing world-peace. It's only offered as a means of allowing peoples to live how they would wish in a secure state. For the purpose of this discussion, we can think of White Western non-Muslim states no longer having to endure a violent and antagonistic minority with a programme of destroying Western Civ.

We can remove intra-state inter-ethnic/racial conflict but I'm not saying there won't still be plenty of belligerent *******s within states and probably causing problems for other states, but one form of conflict is sorted.

Every people should have a homeland even White ones Kiz, don't you agree? If not will you start agitating for all other peoples to accept mass, culture transforming immigration and multiculturalism?
    It all seems pretty rosy and attractive but it's not going to work like that. Which state would i be sent to? I'm happy here, thanks. In your utopian ethnic states you presumably have unlimited resources for everything one could possibly want, and no reason to venture outside of the nation, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    It would be a flaw if Nationalism was offered as a method for bringing world-peace. It's only offered as a means of allowing peoples to live how they would wish in a secure state. For the purpose of this discussion, we can think of White Western non-Muslim states no longer having to endure a violent and antagonistic minority with a programme of destroying Western Civ.

We can remove intra-state inter-ethnic/racial conflict but I'm not saying there won't still be plenty of belligerent *******s within states and probably causing problems for other states, but one form of conflict is sorted.

Every people should have a homeland even White ones Kiz, don't you agree? If not will you start agitating for all other peoples to accept mass, culture transforming immigration and multiculturalism?
    Indeed Arthur, I think if we did manage to homogenise somehow, maybe we wouldn't have conflicts in Burnley, Oldam etc etc rar rar rar. However that doesn't address the fact that it's not feasible socially, economically or politcally (and morally?). I think we are paying the price of muli-culturism, as it is by no means perfect, just we are without viable alternative. However, I believe we are on the right path to fixing some of these problems with integration, education and understanding aswell as a few other things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richl)
    That's rather cheap to just quote me out of context, don't you think...I know you disagree but you've ignored most of what I said.
    Sorry richl didn't spot this. Yes it was naughty, but I simply disagree that inter-ethnic conflict is manageable, can be stopped, and is always political or economic in cause. It's an evolutionary trait which we can't shake, I did link to serious science showing that.

I'm not a utopian, I don't think Nationalism is easy and never violent, but I do believe it's reasonable to expect that nations should be permitted to preserve their unique ethnic, racial, and cultural heritage.

The various African and Asian Nationalist movements were justified in kicking out the European Imperialists, they had a right to preserve their own ways, their own civilisation, to defend themselves from other peoples who wished to transform their countries. So do we. Secure homeland for every people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    Indeed Arthur, I think if we did manage to homogenise somehow, maybe we wouldn't have conflicts in Burnley, Oldam etc etc rar rar rar. However that doesn't address the fact that it's not feasible socially, economically or politcally (and morally?). I think we are paying the price of muli-culturism, as it is by no means perfect, just we are without viable alternative. However, I believe we are on the right path to fixing some of these problems with integration, education and understanding aswell as a few other things...
    Then we disagree. I don't want Whites to be blended out through 'integration' (happening only in the West) or world cultures to be homogenised (sadly happening everywhere). I also think that whatever strife was provoked by parting will be dwarfed by the strife if we don't.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry richl didn't spot this. Yes it was naughty, but I simply disagree that inter-ethnic conflict is manageable, can be stopped, and is always political or economic in cause. It's an evolutionary trait which we can't shake, I did link to serious science showing that.

I'm not a utopian, I don't think Nationalism is easy and never violent, but I do believe it's reasonable to expect that nations should be permitted to preserve their unique ethnic, racial, and cultural heritage.

The various African and Asian Nationalist movements were justified in kicking out the European Imperialists, they had a right to preserve their own ways, their own civilisation, to defend themselves from other peoples who wished to transform their countries. So do we. Secure homeland for every people.
    I don't think you can compare an Imperial invasion to some immigration.

ReputationRep:

Well, I sure wouldn't want imperialists in my country! I think you're confusing warmongering rapists (not in the traditional sense, you understand) with multicultural diversity.

Anyway, these pure nations are not possible in my view. I didn't say this before, but hasn't it been tried before? Wasn't that what was strived for following WWI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I don't think you can compare an Imperial invasion to some immigration.
    Haha! You again misunderstanding comparisons? I'm talking about cultures, nations and folkways being transformed. There is no moral equivalency between Imperialism and lawful emigration (or the Holocaust and 'AA' )

ReputationRep:
    Just as a side note here, can we please stop with all these personal battles? It just creates more work for the mods, and makes this forum much less "user friendly"

ReputationRep:
    Haha! You again misunderstanding comparisons? I'm talking about cultures, nations and folkways being transformed. There is no moral equivalency between Imperialism and lawful emigration (or the Holocaust and 'AA' )
    I wasn't saying that, I haven't misunderstood anything. By your own admission, you're making a "comparison", I'm just saying it's not a valid one.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at Japan with Google Earth (very nice, have a play!) it seems that most of mid-Japan has not a city in sight. It must be one of the most urbanised countries in the world, which would explain why land in Tokyo is hard to find.

We don't have such vast expanses of unused land. To expand we have to use farmland, what little of our forests we have left, and National Trust land. The British will not part with their countryside lightly, unless we develop that East Asian taste for tower-block appartment life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    We don't have such vast expanses of unused land. To expand we have to use farmland, what little of our forests we have left, and National Trust land. Not something the British will part with lightly, unless we develop that East Asian taste for tower-block appartment life.
    Many cities have quite large areas of brownfield sites that are just begging for redevelopment..

ReputationRep:
    People have been conflicting for years. Look at the ancient history of Europe with historic events concerning the Vikings, Saxons, Romans and Normans 'til this very day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    Many cities have quite large areas of brownfield sites that are just begging for redevelopment..
    Enough for 950,000 houses, according to the Environment Agency, two years ago. Of course, this land is spread out all over the place and I suspect most of it is in the old industrial northern towns and cities, underdeveloped for a reason: lack of demand.

(Original post by PadFoot90)
    Just as a side note here, can we please stop with all these personal battles? It just creates more work for the mods, and makes this forum much less "user friendly"
    I understand your predicament and empathise with the problems it causes you personally - really I do.

However, we have our human predilections and as a consequence, we need to stand our ground. I appreciate that this results in 'extra work for the mods' but this is the real world and as such, no one is perfect, consequently we will disagree!

C'est la vie.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.