Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    theres 46 days til results are out!!!

i just counted!!

does anyone know where i can get a countdown from??? (like on a desktop or something)

i know onthe AS/A level forum there are posts about it but i was wondering if anyone knew of a GCSE countdown

Can anyone help????

(ps- im fasinated with coundowns!!lol, i already have one for harry potter, only 5 days!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)

i just counted!!

does anyone know where i can get a countdown from??? (like on a desktop or something)

i know onthe AS/A level forum there are posts about it but i was wondering if anyone knew of a GCSE countdown

Can anyone help????

(ps- im fasinated with coundowns!!lol, i already have one for harry potter, only 5 days!!!)
    Ive been looking for one myself, cant find one, i guess you could make one yourself if you have a starting point.

ReputationRep:
    boring. stop thinking about them, for christ's sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    boring. stop thinking about them, for christ's sake.
    i agree cause its getting me depressed just everyone go out and party xoxo

(Original post by tammy_girl)
    i agree cause its getting me depressed just everyone go out and party xoxo
    No worries, just multply the days out into seconds and it will seem like a lot of time before results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah888)
    No worries, just multply the days out into seconds and it will seem like a lot of time before results.
    lol i would if i could.......maths isnt my strong point :rolleyes: xoxo

(Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol i would if i could.......maths isnt my strong point :rolleyes: xoxo
    Ok here: 46 days, which means (times 24) 1104 hours, which means (times 60) 66240 minutes, which means (times 60) 3974400 seconds.

Which rounds up to about 4000000 seconds. Still a lot to go!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah888)
    Ok here: 46 days, which means (times 24) 1104 hours, which means (times 60) 66240 minutes, which means (times 60) 3974400 seconds.

Which rounds up to about 4000000 seconds. Still a lot to go!!! :cool:
    whoohoo does sound a lot longer meaning longer summer holidays thank ya kindly :hugs: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Stop it, stop it, stop it! You don't want a countdown...countdowns are decidedly ominous. Just get out and enjoy yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Stop it, stop it, stop it! You don't want a countdown...countdowns are decidedly ominous. Just get out and enjoy yourself!
    lol finally someone who agrees :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    **** thats not very long! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why you are anxious about results. I cant wait for mine - and not because I'm going to do well, I'm going to do pants - but instead of worrying I'm just getting on with my life and wanting to find out what grades I actually have got, whether they are good or bad. Its not as it your life is doomed if you get a D instead of a C at english for example.

Sorry for being so meh - I can still relate to how you feel, but I just dont agree with it, thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepgirl)
    Its not as it your life is doomed if you get a D instead of a C at english for example.
    Well it is if you want to go to uni and dont want to take any retakes. I think a better example is if you get a D in electronics rather than a C

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily. If you get something like ABB and have the academic and personal skills for a course, GCSE's arnt going to matter that much. Its not as if they wont let you onto the course just because you failed that 1 exam. If you satisfy the entry requiremtns and the uni wants you to study there, a GCSE grade wont make the slightest differnce. People get too worked up about these things - like the sats, everyone thought they were so imprtant, but look how we feel about them now!

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily. If you get something like ABB and have the academic and personal skills for a course, GCSE's arnt going to matter that much. Its not as if they wont let you onto the course just because you failed that 1 exam. If you satisfy the entry requiremtns and the uni wants you to study there, a GCSE grade wont make the slightest differnce. People get too worked up about these things - like the sats, everyone thought they were so imprtant, but look how we feel about them now!
    It will make a difference because its metriculation. You need metriculation with Cs at least. That is basic requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Its not as it your life is doomed if you get a D instead of a C at english for example.
    not necessarily. If you get something like ABB and have the academic and personal skills for a course, GCSE's arnt going to matter that much.If you satisfy the entry requiremtns and the uni wants you to study there, a GCSE grade wont make the slightest differnce.
    Primarily, if you achieved DD for English/English Lit at GCSE, chances are you won't be able to go to college (this is the case in 90% of scenarios). If you can't go to college and study A-Levels, you'll have a hard time getting ABB (although there are alternatives, but they're more farfetched). Also, if you achieved DD for English/English Lit, chances are you don't have the academic ability to achieve ABB anyway (there are arguments against this, but for the majority it is true). Now, bearing in mind what I've just said, you won't be able to satisfy any University's requirements.
    Its not as if they wont let you onto the course just because you failed that 1 exam.
    Believe me, Universities can be very harsh.
    People get too worked up about these things - like the sats, everyone thought they were so imprtant, but look how we feel about them now!
    All of these exams hold some importance. SATS are helpful for determining which set you are entered for as soon as you enter year 10. GCSEs hold far more significance than SATS though. Most Universities will focus heavily on GCSEs (not because they need to, but because they can). Universities only have AS results, A2 predictions and GCSE results to determine a student's academic ability; they will use every peice of information which they can get their hands on, in order to gauge how academically able a student is. Remember, most universities recieve around 10,000 + applications per annum - and they only have a limited amount of places, so, naturally, there are going to be rejections. Universities are looking for students who will make the best of their facilities and flourish.

P.S. Sorry if I sound like I am biting your head off and trying to start off a full-blown argument, I'm not. I just don't like seeing people "**** off" GCSEs and say "they aren't important" because they are, in many ways.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham required 6 As at GCSE for my course. GCSEs matter. Some courses need you to have grade B or above in maths and English also. If you want to apply to a competitive course (Law, English, Medicine) with such a high standard of student applying universities will use your GCSE grades to distinquish between you. I know it's not worth worrying now, but they really do matter. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Nottingham required 6 As at GCSE for my course. GCSEs matter. Some courses need you to have grade B or above in maths and English also. If you want to apply to a competitive course (Law, English, Medicine) with such a high standard of student applying universities will use your GCSE grades to distinquish between you. I know it's not worth worrying now, but they really do matter. xx
    Yep. Exactly. It really frustrates me when people say "GCSEs don't matter". It's like saying, "everyone who has worked their ass off at GCSE is a fool, because no-one acknowledges them".

ReputationRep:
    46 after the day of the post (10th july)

or 45 after the day of the post (10th of july counted as day one?)

what is the results day some say 23, 24, 25 or even 26 august?!..

confused.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.