Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I agree GCSEs are very important, especially English and Maths, in which most sixth forms or other types of higher education establishments require at least a 'C'. There is little point in worrying now because what is done is done and there is nothing anyone can do to make it any better or worse. If you don't achieve the grades required then there are always other options such as seeking employment or applying for a place at a vocational college to work towards employment-related qualifications such as GNVQs/NVQs etc or resits, but whatever you do you are likely to be judged, at least in the first instance on what you have achieved at school. Universities do consider GCSE results especially those you achieved that relate to your chosen course of study as well as AS Level results [in some cases] and predicted A2 Results, especially with an increase in the number of candidates achieve A grades. This will cause them to investigate your previous achievements, but the personal statement and interview etc also count, but Universities will also want those who they believe will flourish and achieve their full potental although each indivisual case is no doubt assessed on its own merit, but this is not to say that those who have achieved poor grades stand no chance as there are always exceptions to any rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shmoogle)
    46 after the day of the post (10th july)

or 45 after the day of the post (10th of july counted as day one?).
    it depends if it is the start of the day or the end, atm it is 11.25 so you count today!

(Original post by shmoogle)
    what is the results day some say 23, 24, 25 or even 26 august?!..

confused.

its the 25th for GCSE results (thursday)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if people misunderstood. I would like to point out taht I do recognise the imporance of GCSE's. Ofcourse they are imporant, however its not worth worrying about them and dreading results day - you've sat the exam now, if you are worried then maybe you should have done more revising. I'm not saying I'm a perfect student atall - my results arnt going to be great, but I'm not dwelling on that. 5 grades A* to C and I'l be happy!

I think people make exams seem more important than they are and worry too much about them. There is more to life than exams.

enjoy your summers!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.