Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone is going to Worcester uni in September, i'm going to be doing sports studies and PE if i hopefully get the grade...scary!

ReputationRep:
    Good grief - I never knew there was a Worcester university...

ReputationRep:
    Its a university college very soon to be made into a full university...i guess I cheated a little made it sound glam..hehe

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I live in Worcester, I'm doing a third year at Worcester Sixth Form College up by County Hall. The university is on the other side, over the river in St.Johns but just a 15 minute walk from the city centre-worcesters great! The uni however is only good for sport, teaching and nursing. Its a very homely place and you are just minutes away from Bamboo which is a rather popular night spot [just never go on a thursday night as it is full of people from worcester sixth form college who tend to be underage-modays are the best for it, tramps on a saturday night and bushwackers on a friday].
    Ruthx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joycey)
    Just wondered if anyone is going to Worcester uni in September, i'm going to be doing sports studies and PE if i hopefully get the grade...scary!

Hiya, I thought i would reply, im currently at university college worcester, just finished my first year, i have had a wicked time, cant wait to get back. i got loads of mates doing the sports studies and pe course and they love it. Do you start on the 17th? im helping out on freshers week.if you wanna no ne thing let me no.
    Suzanne x

ReputationRep:
    haha the only time I went to bamboo there were only about 10 people in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    haha the only time I went to bamboo there were only about 10 people in there.
    really?What night did you go on? On a thurs night it is generally packed but due to college students so a bit rubbish-sat night is trance weird night full of old men i went on a mon before and it was good-i think the first tues of every month is gay night. i'm not a huge fan of the place anymore-postal order or lunch at lloyds anyday!

ReputationRep:
    hay Suzanne, only just read your reply...i'm coming down on the 18th, getting a bit twitchy about coming, but i'm sure thats natural...did your mates find the course hard?? freshers week...what every student comes for right?? hehe... there is something...with the sports clubs and other clubs they are open to everyone whatever your ability aren't they?? Its good to hear someone who's been there has enjoyed it, makes me feel better about coming....did you live in halls..what was it like??

ReputationRep:
    it was a weekday evening this is ages and ages ago. I used to have a mate who was a worcester uni student when I worked in worcester so I could stay over at hers and go out.

ReputationRep:
    hay Suzanne, only just read your reply...i'm coming down on the 18th, getting a bit twitchy about coming, but i'm sure thats natural...did your mates find the course hard?? freshers week...what every student comes for right?? hehe... there is something...with the sports clubs and other clubs they are open to everyone whatever your ability aren't they?? Its good to hear someone who's been there has enjoyed it, makes me feel better about coming....did you live in halls..what was it like??

Hi ya
    Honestly you will be fine, i was like you this time last year, nervous reck, didnt no if i have done the right thing. You will have a great time, just make sure you use freshers week to talk to everyone there.
    I spoke to mate the other day, she said she loves her course, but you have to put the work in, some of it is quite hard, but you will enjoy it.
    What sport are you wantin to join? the hockey team has two teams, 1st and 2nds, you can be of any ability, just go along to any training and see what you think. Im vice captain of the football so if you need any info on that just ask.
    I lived in the Wyvern halls, (chandler is pants ones, wyvern is cool and then you get the posh worcester halls) i loved living in halls, i got on with all my flat mates, but we did have trouble with two of the lads, they didnt no what washing up liquid was or the meaning of clean up! we had good times, and cool parties.
    sorry i have babbled on, im bored and cant wait for the summer to be up.
    any more questions just ask
    suzanne

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Suzanne, thats really helped calm me down a bit..hehe...after reading into the syllabus for the course I can now see its not going to be easy, but I like a challenge, i think!!
    I'm a rugby, basketball and netball player, but have only played basketball and netball for school and college and I haven't played rugby for about 2 years cuz of an injury...i'm bit worried my fitness will be pants!!
    I'm looking forward 2 living in halls, from what you say, could be an experience..hehe

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Suzanne, thats really helped calm me down a bit..hehe...after reading into the syllabus for the course I can now see its not going to be easy, but I like a challenge, i think!!
    I'm a rugby, basketball and netball player, but have only played basketball and netball for school and college and I haven't played rugby for about 2 years cuz of an injury...i'm bit worried my fitness will be pants!!
    I'm looking forward 2 living in halls, from what you say, could be an experience..hehe

hi ya
    honestly im sure your fitness will be fine, each team has training every week, joinin a sports team is the best thing you can do, you have many socials and a great way to meet peeps, wednesday nite is sports nite where we either celebrate our wins or losses, either way there is plenty of alcohol involved. i dont no much about the netball team to be honest, but the rugby and basketball are very good. what halls did you say you where staying in?
    suzanne x

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.