Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have lost my provisional license photocard thing. I still have the paper one. How do I get a replacement, and how long do they take to come etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Call DVLA. They'll be able to give you proper advice, whereas people on here might tell you things that aren't actually accurate. You should be able to find their helpline number on their website or in the yellow pages.

ReputationRep:
    yeah u gotta ring your local DVLA they can tell ya hopefully you dont have to pay the £40 provisional fee xoxo

ReputationRep:
    The correct answer is that you have to fill out another application form for a licence, and send it off with the bit of the licence that you still have along with the fee. Of course, if you have lost both bits of your licence (hint hint) you can order a replacement over the phone without having to fill in forms and that crap. Just go to www.dvla.gov.uk and you will be able to find out the full information for 'lost licences' somewhere on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    Of course, if you have lost both bits of your licence (hint hint) you can order a replacement over the phone without having to fill in forms and that crap.
    Of course, if you say you've lost both parts and you haven't really, it's a criminal offence. Your driving licence is not legally your own property, and can be demanded back from you at any time.

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine, went ot the post office, and the guy there told me to lie and get a replacement for both parts. It cost me £19. I ordered it over the phone and it came in about 4 days. xx

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty bad...

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of countless people who've done it. It's just so much more convenient to lose the bit you have left and then order a replacement by phone.

(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Of course, if you say you've lost both parts and you haven't really, it's a criminal offence. Your driving licence is not legally your own property, and can be demanded back from you at any time.
    both parts should be legally mine. after all, i did pay for them

ReputationRep:
    Legally, they're still not your property. You've only rented them. It's basically to restrict you from doing whatever you like with them. If they were legally yours, you could legally give them to someone else, sell them, do whatever you liked. So they remain the property of DVLA on behalf of the Government, in order for this to remain a crime. It's the same with train tickets. You buy them, but they remain the property of the train company, which is why it's illegal for you to give ot sell them on to someone else after you've used them. If they were your own property you couldn't be prosecuted for doing that.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.