Turn on thread page Beta

What sort of music are you into? watch

ReputationRep:
    I need to know a.s.a.p. what sort of music people in year 7 or 8 are into? Can anybody tell me what younger brothers or sisters who are in year 7 or 8 listen to? Examples of bands, songs etc would be great! I have to do a music quiz for these kids and i don't know what they'll know about. Thanks for any help you can give me!

my frinds annoying brat sister has no individual taste,she pretends she likes everthing my friend does.
    so i guess thats unhelpful

ReputationRep:
    my brother likes;

Green Day (quite popular these days)
    Avril Lavigne
    Sum41
    some of the BNL songs (but thats cuz of me )
    Simple Plan
    Freefaller

Ya know, like pop/rock bands....

but not bands like The Killers or Snow Patrol or Keane or Stereophonics

ReputationRep:
    crazy frog

ReputationRep:
    Mine lil bro's a bit of a hip hop/rnb fan, artists like kanye west, The Game, snoop dogg, 50 cent, ashanti umm... Amerie. but he also likes Green day and sometimes coldplay.... hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    depends on their background really....

ReputationRep:
    My younger sister likes Avril Lavigne, Simple Plan, Ashanti,Charlotte Church. At least thats what i hear when shes in her room playing her music!

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks guys I've got some good ideas now - a question about the crazy frog should be easy to come up with!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think most kids around that age are into R'n'B/Hip-Hop stuff, that's why it does so well in the charts because a lot of kids that age are the main CD buyers! Older people tend to download using iTunes and stuff. But anyway, yeah most kids tend to go through a phase of urban music (I know I did), especially nowadays, as it's becoming more credible. I think older and wiser folks are more into good indie bands and stuff (Interpol etc), so I wouldn't ask them on that.

Ask them on Cierra, Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Destiny's Child etc

As well as poppy people; Avril Lavigne, McFly, Natasha Bedingfield, Daniel Bedingfield, Girls Aloud, The Faders etc...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say pop-rock is the main thing 11-13 year olds are into like Simple Plan, McFly, Avril Lavigne etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is going into year 7 and is trying to copy his friends who listen to garbage like Green Day and Blink. (I used to like them - GD had some good old songs but their new stuff is horrible and disgustingly popular. Blink were silly and fun but now I just don't pay attention).

ReputationRep:
    My brother is going into year 7 and is trying to copy his friends who listen to garbage like Green Day and Blink. (I used to like them - GD had some good old songs but their new stuff is horrible and disgustingly popular. Blink were silly and fun but now I just don't pay attention).
    Thankyou, another dude who thinks GD are overrated (they so are!)

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, all the trendy people are like "Oooh Billie Joe, he's sooo hot. What a cool rock dude!" Yeah, rock on and flash the "horns" with your hand, sooo rock.

ReputationRep:
    It's only recently that they've become really popular though :-/.

ReputationRep:
    It's only recently that they've become really popular though :-/.
    Yeah I agree. This album really...back in the days of "Good Riddance", no-one really knew 'em, and before that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Yeah I agree. This album really...back in the days of "Good Riddance", no-one really knew 'em, and before that...
    erm...Dookie sold like...around 10 million didn't it? hardly unknown... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    disgustingly popular.
    you say it like that's a bad thing...how does a band's music being popular make any difference to the music itself? :rolleyes:

snob is a word that springs to mind...

American Idiot is Greenday's best album...

wait-a-minute!by grade 7 or 8,what age group exactly are you talking about?(my school goes by a weird grading system)

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone this is brilliant.
    Age 11-13 is the age group we're talking about

ReputationRep:
    (pulls disgusted face)

Music nowadays.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.