Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PHYSICS!!!!!!!
    I think you may find I rather enjoy physics....

"Crazy!? It's a touch unconventional..."

ReputationRep:
    Maths, which incidentally happens to be winning atm!

Ok, Maths is still the winner with 15 votes.

Chemistry is 2nd with 10 votes, and English Literature is coming close with 9 votes.

By far the least liked subject is English Language with only 2 votes.

Keep this post going.... will be gone for 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    OMG how is maths winning? That is sick :p:
    Everyone knows my favourite subject is Geography, but I also quite liked Sociology

ReputationRep:
    Social Studies (1/2 year of Politics, IR, Sociology, and Economics respectively).

ReputationRep:
    Geography, ICT/Computing

ReputationRep:
    Geography was great, learning about the local area, being taught by a cool teacher (now my psychology teacher :rofl: no wonder he taught us well in yr 10/11)

Maths was good, only because i knew what to do! It does get boring quite fast now though.....

Physics........ umm well, this was only because of maths, its gone rubbish now, so i dropped it at AS :p:

German and French...... even though i never actually spoke much, the trips were cool! We went to strasbourg and visited france one day, then germany (strasbourg is on the border)

ReputationRep:
    English language, english literature and history xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Maths all the way:cool:

ReputationRep:
    It disgusts me that maths is somehow winning! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    It disgusts me that maths is somehow winning! :p:
    Seconded. How can such a mundane, repetitive and logic based subject be coming first! Not good!

I always called maths the 'subject with no soul' - it was just boring, boring, boring to me. I hate subjects like maths and physics guuuhhhrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Seconded. How can such a mundane, repetitive and logic based subject be coming first! Not good!

I always called maths the 'subject with no soul' - it was just boring, boring, boring to me. I hate subjects like maths and physics guuuhhhrrr.
    How dare ye!

ReputationRep:
    mathematics should have one extra vote and chemistry one fewer vote, as I made a mistake when making my vote :P

ReputationRep:
    Maths is better than bloody Chemistry, at least.

ReputationRep:
    MUSIC !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I liked nearly all my GCSE subjects, but the best has to be biology! Worst - drama! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Agreed, how can Maths be no. 1!

Anyway, my fave subjects:

THEATRE STUDIES: It's just so interesting, and is the most open subject as you can interpret texts in any way you like.

RE & PHILOSOPHY: Loads of interesting theories and debates. But I couldn't do it for A-level as it didn't run But 's running this year so I'm doing it as an AS along with my A2s YAY!

J

ReputationRep:
    ICT but thats cos it was dead easy, even at a-level it wasnt too bad apart from the mountains of coursework.

ReputationRep:
    History because it's so fun! IT because it's nice and easy. Biology because learning and revising seems to come more naturally for it than other subjects and Maths because...it's Maths!

ReputationRep:
    At school my favourite subjects were;

Academic - History, English Lit and Lang, Latin and German
    and
    more practical - Art, Music and P.E.

Maths should definitely not be winning! In chemistry and physics the practicals were quite fun, but all the theoretical and written work was really boring! I was so incredibly happy when I finished my physics, chemistry and maths GCSE coursework and knew I wouldn't have to do any more ever again - writing up all those experiments was such a boring dragged out complicated chore, having to go so carefully to make sure not to miss any of the marking subsections etc.!

Sorry, rant over! Biology, in contrast, was much better. R.E. was pretty good too, especially the more philosophy like bits!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.