Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for me it's gotta be media!! it's so interesting!!the practical work consists of essays yes, but you do get to make a film (usually horror based) :p:

and ART of course, glad to hear it's ranking highly

MATHS??? not for me :rolleyes:

Sorry for being away so long!

Wow, thanks for posting and voting. For some people, it may be a surprise to see maths being the most popular subject. For me, I think it's because it is a subject that has no language barriers, and topics of mathematics can always be learnt step to step.

----------------------------------------
    Anyways, the breakdown of the results:

1. Maths - 30 votes
    2. History and English Literature - 18
    9. Physics
    10. English Language
    ----------------------------------------

Share your ideas, and
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    history because i just love it and my teachers rocked. and also english lit because im a bookworm :P

Just to remind you guys:

The more people voting here, the more accurate the poll results could be.

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved History, that was until a certain super boring teacher was dumped on me..

But, Politics is definitely the best!

Ok guys, I see that you are voting, but not posting, but here are the results:

1. Maths - 35

very far away, the second...

2. Eng Lit. - 27

at the end of the list...

9. Physics - 12

10. Eng Lang. - 7

You can see how the poll evolved by looking at past analyses.

ReputationRep:
    Maths, by a long long way =)

(And the reason it may be winning is because it is actually so damn great...or because there are a crazy number of maths people here)

ReputationRep:
    It's a toss up between German and French for me, but in the end I'd have to go for French simply because I was in a smaller class so it was better than my loud and out of control German class...

ReputationRep:
    According to this poll, some people have voted twice. I didn't know it was possible.

Anyway, I love English Lit 'cos it rocks :rock:

(Original post by Xanthe)
    According to this poll, some people have voted twice. I didn't know it was possible.

Anyway, I love English Lit 'cos it rocks :rock:
    True, the poll should be called "Favourite subjectS".

It may be hard to choose between subjects for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Maths, by a long long way =)

(And the reason it may be winning is because it is actually so damn great...or because there are a crazy number of maths people here)
    Nah man. I never really understood while so many people like maths (though as the poll suggests, a lot do). I really enjoy sciences and stuff but never really took to maths, mainly cause I couldn't understand the applications it had in real life.

That said, I could draw a good pair of boobs on my graphics calculator!

ReputationRep:
    biology for me. Bit of a toss up, but its the only subject where i look at my timetable and go oooo

ReputationRep:
    Nah man. I never really understood while so many people like maths (though as the poll suggests, a lot do). I really enjoy sciences and stuff but never really took to maths, mainly cause I couldn't understand the applications it had in real life.
    Well to be honest the things in GCSE maths are extremely basic and boring but when you progress to A-Level and above you can imagine the many many ways in which things like differential equations, newtonian mechanics, statistics, linear programming and dynamic programming can be used.

Maths underpins the modern world. For example, did you know the encoding of information relies on prime numbers and factorisation?

ReputationRep:
    Got to be Economics for me. I took to it like a duck to water. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Pure Maths (none of this stats/mechanics crap), the political/sociological parts of Media and the Economic modules in Business

ReputationRep:
    Languages (ni hao, marhaba, konnichiwa...)... closely followed by Biology.

ReputationRep:
    biology, cause its interesting :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I chose MFL, can't decide which language though. I think I liked them because they're easy but now I love them for many other reasons. Also really like Eng Lang/Lit though coz it's a great course and also Critical Thinking so I would have liked the non-existing 'everything' option!

ReputationRep:
    it has to be history.

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics cos they are interesting and allow lively dicussions and help you understand the world around you.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.