Turn on thread page Beta

Might as well ask you guys which subjects you hate most.

For me it's "Foreign Languages" (German) and English Language.

You?

ReputationRep:
    i don't hate any subjects. i liked all of the subjects i took at gcse. if i had to make a choice it would probably be English Language - it was quite boring at times.

ReputationRep:
    probably chemistry, as the teacher didn't have an animated way of explaining all the chemical compositions etc. and he didn't explain basics ie. balancing equations

ReputationRep:
    like toiletwall saidpossibly chemistry, teacher didn't bring to to life, oh and technology

ReputationRep:
    TOK (theory of knowledge) - which is not in the poll so i can't vote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toiletwall)
    probably chemistry, as the teacher didn't have an animated way of explaining all the chemical compositions etc. and he didn't explain basics ie. balancing equations
    doesn't need much explaining. make sure the products and reactants have the same number of atoms. :rolleyes: not rocket science really is it?

ReputationRep:
    Food technology because it was incredibly boring and pointless, there were no nice people to talk to in my class and my teacher was an absolute....well, let's just say I hated him

ReputationRep:
    definitely physics!

ReputationRep:
    English Literature, because it is a farce really, knowing text book answers for lord of the flies and sub standard poetry for 80% of the whole qualification was not exactly what I had in mind....English Language is not much better, but at least that gives you the opportunity for continuous writing..the rest of English language is just a poor excuse for media studies, never learnt one thing about syntaxes or collective nouns, you know, the actual thing which is the English language!

ReputationRep:
    Maths! I god damn hate Maths! It's sooo pointless and I don't care about all this rubbish saying oh it's used in real life, it's rubbish! and non calculator papers!? What! It's ridiculous that's like oh I know we have a phone system but let's stand on the hills and shout for old times sake!

Ridiculous.

I can't stand languages and wish it wasn't compulsory at GCSE for me.

I also said 'other' which for me is anything pratical, whether it's art, music or technology. Dropped all subjects of that sort after year 9, thank God.

I may not like maths, english or science, but at least I can do it to a reasonable standard, unlike those above. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    RE. It will have no consequence in my life, and to be honest, it was a complete pile of sh*te. I could probably say the same about engineering too.

Michael

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Maths! I god damn hate Maths! It's sooo pointless and I don't care about all this rubbish saying oh it's used in real life, it's rubbish! and non calculator papers!? What! It's ridiculous that's like oh I know we have a phone system but let's stand on the hills and shout for old times sake!

Ridiculous.
    Couldn't agree more, mate. I friggin hate maths, but it had to be done. :mad:

Only a small minority of Maths appeals to me - that's mainly the Maths used in Chemistry. Pretty much the rest of Maths isn't at all relevent.

So far most people hate English Language and Physics, both with 9 votes.

:rolleyes: :cool: :p: :confused: :eek: :mad:

Least hated would be Biology with 3 votes and Geography with 4 votes.

:rolleyes: :cool: :p: :confused: :eek: :mad:

"Others" would include Theory of Knowledge (!), Food tech., Art, Music, Technology, and RE.

Another analysis later! Cheers

ReputationRep:
    English Language is easy, I don't know why people complain....

ReputationRep:
    Maths.

ReputationRep:
    The reason I am not fond of English Language, is because I didn't actually learn anything about the English language for about 2 or so years, bloomin' pointless.

Maths in exactly like marmite, well anti-marmite for me at least :p:

And WhizzKid, what does maths need to be relevant for, in the end all chemistry comes down to atoms and there properties, which comes down to physics and theories, which are explained via maths. That non mathematical chemistry is just the ketchup on a sausage, stop licking it and take a bite :p:

Must say that this poll is very even.

English Language is still hated most, now by 10 people including me.

The friendliest subjects are Biology (4 votes) and Geography (5 votes).

Keep this post going..... will be back in 3 days time..... camping!!

ReputationRep:
    Maths, mainly because I suck at it and our teacher at GCSE used to tell us off for talking when we raised a hand to ask a question. Also her rather condensed knowledge seemed to stretch to only standard form!

English Language the worst!? At GCSE I loved putting together my portfolio of essays and creative writing; it didn't seem like work to me, and the lang part of A level combined english was the icing on the cake

ReputationRep:
    English Lit
    Physics and chemistry, for obvious reasons
    History - dropped that in Year 9!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.