Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maths, History, Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah888)

"Others" would include Theory of Knowledge (!), Food tech., Art, Music, Technology, and RE.

why the exclamation mark there? lol

ReputationRep:
    English, only because i hated the teachers i had, that's the only reason

ReputationRep:
    the worst has got to be Food and Textiles. Our teacher was such a horrid lady, she kept on shouting at me because apparantly I didn't stir the mixture properly...
    She is a ****ing racist English woman with bad teeth.

It's good to let that all out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Drama!! I was forced to take it alongside separate sciences to give me a broader range of subjects! :confused: :mad:

I was so happy after my drama exam when I had a water fight at my friend's and put my drama notes in a bucket (and then soaked them and stamped on them)! haha :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sciences and Foreign Languages! There's no real thought involved, you are just given a huge lump of facts to learn and told they are right, no debating, no creativity AT ALL. It was all just a memory test. And also A-lvel science people think they're cleverer and better than the people who are creative and can really think :mad: . My only prejudice is against scientists .

Anyway, now I've got that off my chest - Geography comes a close second.

J

ReputationRep:
    I also felt A-Level physics was a memory test but from what I've seen it does border on kick ass at uni .

I'd defend maths from people who clearly have no idea what it's really about but I won't bother.

I never enjoyed english (language or literature). Everything seemed so made up. We'd analyse a text saying things like, "the girl buying a mars bar symbolises her subconscious desire to be with her family" or something equally obscure but if you actually asked the writer what they meant they'd probably say, "she wanted a mars bar so she bought one. End of".
    It always seemed that the mark you got at the end depended on which examiner was marking and what mood they were in when they marked it (far from an exact science). If you got a remark your final percentage could fluctuate by 10% or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SsEe)
    I never enjoyed english (language or literature). Everything seemed so made up. We'd analyse a text saying things like, "the girl buying a mars bar symbolises her subconscious desire to be with her family" or something equally obscure but if you actually asked the writer what they meant they'd probably say, "she wanted a mars bar so she bought one. End of".
    Exactly, couldn't agree more. But the analysis is deeper than just analysisng, they're trying to give you the skills to be analytical in general - quite important I think, for most subjects anyway.

First of all, thanks for voting and posting.

----------------------------------------
    As for the brief analysis the most HATED subjects:

1. Physics - 18
    9. Biology
    10. History

Total votes: 80
    ----------------------------------------

I am quite surprised because I thought History :confused: is a subject that everybody hates ... the dates and what not.

Share your ideas, and
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah888)

I am quite surprised because I thought History :confused: is a subject that everybody hates ... the dates and what not.
    I love History. No way is it just about dates, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I love History. No way is it just about dates, too!
    yeah i loved history aswell. it was hard learning all the dates but it was an interesting subject

ReputationRep:
    Maths, just because...

ReputationRep:
    i always hated PE because my hand-eye co-ordination is 0, I can't run and I might as well be 2inches tall!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SsEe)
    Everything seemed so made up. We'd analyse a text saying things like, "the girl buying a mars bar symbolises her subconscious desire to be with her family" or something equally obscure but if you actually asked the writer what they meant they'd probably say, "she wanted a mars bar so she bought one. End of".
    That made me laugh! So true though, I always said that. Literature also seemed to drain the fun out of reading (books just aren't intended to be analysed like that!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deenirdee)
    Maths, just because...
    Doesn't need any explanation, does it? It's interesting that maths is both the favourite and least favourite subject on :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    That made me laugh! So true though, I always said that. Literature also seemed to drain the fun out of reading (books just aren't intended to be analysed like that!)
    Tell me about it! It's like when we're forced to write in essays things like 'when the poet says this, (s)he means.....' when actually (s)he meant exactly what they said! :rolleyes:

(Original post by kellywood_5)
    Doesn't need any explanation, does it? It's interesting that maths is both the favourite and least favourite subject on :tsr:

Yeah, I agree it's interesting.

Who agrees that maths is either loved or hated?

Or, let's put it this way: who neither likes or hates maths?

ReputationRep:
    I always hated Physics. I never understood it, never made an effort to understand it and generally just sat in every lesson with a blank expression on my face.

ReputationRep:
    anything to do with languages i really hate.

Those who haven't voted here can vote now! It's been a while since anyone posted here, so SHOUT!

Also, please go to Most Favourite School Subjects

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.