Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    business studies - hated the subject :mad: thank god i've finished it 4eva! mwahahaha... despite the teachers tryin 2 make it 'fun' i found it as borin as hell. dnt like eng lang either tho we had a funny teacher last yr

ReputationRep:
    Either PE or RE. PE because I prefer to use my brain and hated running around in shorts in the cold. RE because I'm not a Christian yet was taught as if I was. And both because I was forced to do them despite not doing a GCSE in them. Although managed to get out of many lessons of PE to do ICT coursework...

ReputationRep:
    Loads really. Any Sciences or Art!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry. Urgghhh

ReputationRep:
    Maths, The epitomy of futility.

ReputationRep:
    chemistry is the root of all evil.

and geography would be just as bad, except i managed to drop it in year 9 .

ReputationRep:
    biology, i hate bio, although my parents are doctors

ReputationRep:
    physics.....*shudders*
    although, my favourite subject is PHYSICAL geography.....
    how does that work??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    maybe its the teachers? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Maths, The epitomy of futility.
    yes, yes, quite right of course...
    except i had a really cool teacher who baked us cakes with our names written on in pink icing for our last ever maths lesson ever. and she cried...
    she just loved us too damn much :rolleyes: !!
    yeh i was in the stupid class..... thank god i still managed a B though. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned IT, and this is coming from someone who does Computer Science at degree level.
    IT teachers are generally really pants - and the theory is just mundane and boring (with questions on the exam like - "Give 5 reasons you might use a spreadsheet for" and "Name 5 input devices"). And the coursework you just talk about crap for 70 pages.
    And I've heard A level ICT is not much better.

DT is disliked, merely because all our DT teachers were completely sadistic. (There was a Mr Men "You are entering the happy zone" sign on the door)

For the record, maths and music were my favourite lessons - although music less so when the music teacher I idolised left and was replaced by someone who lost his temper all the time, could hardly play an instrument, and constantly criticised my old teacher's methods forcing me to try very hard to hold my tongue, on occasions which I failed to do so.

ReputationRep:
    I became very frustrated with maths, almost to the point of giving up completely. I wasn't able to retain and absorb knowledge and it started showing. Funny, because I was always top of my class in the earlier years for maths.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.