Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    from what i hear the avg age seems to be 18ish, is anyone under 18 starting uni in 2005??!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'll be 19. You'll probably find the average age of starting uni is older than 18, as few people start a year "early" than a year (or more) "late".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Nope, I'll be 19. You'll probably find the average age of starting uni is older than 18, as few people start a year "early" than a year (or more) "late".
    My boss in the US was from Porto Rico and graduated from MIT when he was 19 the flipping ******* and there's this US PhD student in my department who's in his second year of phd at 21 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'll only be just 18 when I start, like by less than a month or so, if all goes to plan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    My boss in the US was from Porto Rico and graduated from MIT when he was 19 the flipping ******* and there's this US PhD student in my department who's in his second year of phd at 21 :confused:
    Yeah but my point was that people who start university early are far less common than people who start late. I'd guess that far more people take a gap year than start a year early, and then you've got all the mature students.

ReputationRep:
    whoa... phd at 21 thats crazy. I was just wondering because ill be 17 (2 months shy of 18) when I start and I wanted to know if im in the extreme minority, or if there are some ppl who will start as under-18's this year!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I will be turning 18 in december of my first year

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 20, at least.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'll be 17.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 20 when I go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    the way things are at the moment i'll have to take more than a gap year considering im already 19,still have one more year at college then maybe take a year out to work so i can afford it lol so i'll be 21-22 when i start maybe :eek: oh well as long as i get to go heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    the way things are at the moment i'll have to take more than a gap year considering im already 19,still have one more year at college then maybe take a year out to work so i can afford it lol so i'll be 21-22 when i start maybe :eek: oh well as long as i get to go heh
    Remember, when you go to university in 2006 or later, you will need to pay the top up fees. However, you will pay them back when you get 15,000 quid or above. Furthermore, you can apply for loans, grants, etc...

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 19 when i start in September

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 17 when I start university.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be nearly 19. Being under 18 would seriously suck, you might not be able to go out and drink with everyone if the places are strict about ID. xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 19, since my birthday is early in the academic year.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 18 1/2. Perfect

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 21 this time around...

ReputationRep:
    I'l be 18 1/2 too

kellywood -are you born in march?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepgirl)
    I'l be 18 1/2 too

kellywood -are you born in march?
    Yep, 29th.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.