Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 19 since I'm choosing to repeat a year

ReputationRep:
    21 and a half!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The academic year starts 1st Spetember so I'll be 18 and 4 days!

ReputationRep:
    I'll nearly be 23 :s
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by *Sub)
    whoa... phd at 21 thats crazy. I was just wondering because ill be 17 (2 months shy of 18) when I start and I wanted to know if im in the extreme minority, or if there are some ppl who will start as under-18's this year!
    It's definitely a minority of people who start under 18, though you'll find quite a few at Scottish unis due to the Scottish education system (those with birthdays between the start of the uni year and about February/March are likely to be under 18). I was 17 for the whole of my first term at uni but I don't know of anyone else in my year who was (I'm at Warwick incidentally) - though that doesn't mean there wasn't anyone!
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    my brother was just 18, i will be 19 and a half, my sister was a month off 20, my boyfriend was 20 and a half!

The average starting age is older than 18 - i'd say about 20 at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Which is it?
    The 20 year old one. I forgot to mention about the deferred the entry when I made my first post. I should have edit it. I'm going to delete the second post I made now, and edit the first one.

i was 19 within a month of starting uni, but the starting age range for my course was 18-50+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bouncy)
    i was 19 within a month of starting uni, but the starting age range for my course was 18-50+
    It's lucky that you are 19 when you start uni. I feel worried that I might not fit in as I'm 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It's lucky that you are 19 when you start uni. I feel worried that I might not fit in as I'm 20.
    There are so many threads like this, and every time people point out that YOU WILL NOT BE THE OLDEST THERE. it will only be a problem if you make it one. I doubt anyone will notice til you tell them anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    There are so many threads like this, and every time people point out that YOU WILL NOT BE THE OLDEST THERE. it will only be a problem if you make it one. I doubt anyone will notice til you tell them anyway!
    Alright then. I guess I won't be the oldest there. However, as you said there won't be a problem, but I just feel weird as everyone is a bit younge than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Alright then. I guess I won't be the oldest there. However, as you said there won't be a problem, but I just feel weird as everyone is a bit younge than me.
    "everyone" won't be a bit younger than you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    :dito: but I'm not worried about not fitting in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    your 20?! :eek: i was suspecting much younger actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    your 20?! :eek: i was suspecting much younger actually
    I'll be 19 in a few months time. In Nov 2006, I would be 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    That won't be the case at all - I was just 20 when starting uni last year and I was the youngest in my accommodation, and probably of the average age on my course....although generally you'll find a lot of older students (30+) on computing related courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I'll be 19 in a few months time. In Nov 2006, I would be 20.
    o i get ya now!

(Original post by trev)
    Seriously it makes no difference at all, im going into my third year in oct and i still dont even know how old 2 out of 7 people are!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 20 but I'm not worried about fitting in. What I worry a bit, is writing essays (etc.) because English is not my native language.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be just 18 so if all goes to plan I should finish uni when I'm 20
    Four people in my year won't be 18 when they start uni. 1 girls birthday isn't until december! :eek:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.