Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I'll be nearly 19. Being under 18 would seriously suck, you might not be able to go out and drink with everyone if the places are strict about ID. xx
    didnt suck at all
    was extremely cool acutally.
    everyone made such a big deal about it i thought it was funny.
    i could go into all the uni bars and clubs using my uni card and nus and they hadnt marked it saying i would be underage for the first 4 months or anything.
    plus my uni card helped me get into clubs outside the uni as it didnt have my date of birth. when they asked for id id show it to them and id be like im bound to be 18 im at uni! :rolleyes: it worked :p:

ReputationRep:
    I will be 19

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 20 and a half...To all of those worried they "won't fit in" - don't be a gimp - the difference is like a year! I first went to uni when i was 18 and there was one guy in my group of friends that i didnt find out was a year older until about a year later. It's not like at school where there is quite a difference between years - as you get older the gap disappears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysoul)
    I'll be just 18 so if all goes to plan I should finish uni when I'm 20
    Four people in my year won't be 18 when they start uni. 1 girls birthday isn't until december! :eek:
    lol, mine isint till december either... dec 27

ReputationRep:
    i'll be 20. i think thats average.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be either 20 or 21 when i enter uni.

ReputationRep:
    I was 20 when I started Uni I thought I'd be one of the oldest, and I was worried I wouldn't fit in but seriously thats not the case. I have made friends who are in their 40's, I made friends who were just fresh out of college and so 18, the majority of people I met had a year or two out and so were around my age (I had 2 years out ) but everyone is really friendly, and you probably all have the same worries, but they'll go on the first day and you'll have a wicked time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    from what i hear the avg age seems to be 18ish, is anyone under 18 starting uni in 2005??!
    I'll be 17!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It's lucky that you are 19 when you start uni. I feel worried that I might not fit in as I'm 20.
    Try being 23 and a half!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be just 18....my bday is 24th August

ReputationRep:
    I have several friends who will be/are 17 at uni. I know people whose 18th bday isn't until next January, plus I know a couple of people who started a year early because they didn't see any point in doing a sixth year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Yep, 29th.
    HEY THATS MY BIRTHDAY TOO.

ReputationRep:
    P.s Ill Be 20 When I Start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VVV1)
    HEY THATS MY BIRTHDAY TOO.
    Lol freaky

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 and a month or so when I started uni, and generally found myself to be younger than most of the others, who were generally late 18 up to 20. Makes me 22 coming up to the end of my second year of PhD

ReputationRep:
    Thats well weird..I'm 20 and i'll be 24 by the time i graduate..then if i want to do a pgce thats 25..or if i wanted to do a masters..27 or so :-\

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 17. I don't drink so it won't really matter. At university age it's very hard to have any idea how old people are by looking at them, so I don't see why older or younger people would have any problem fitting in.

ReputationRep:
    I was 17 when I started. We had a 60 year old woman in one my courses.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.