Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much.

ReputationRep:
    KEEP THE DRESS HONEY! If you love it, keep it, you'll only regret it if you take it back! This is a very sad but very true story! I bought some reduced Gucci slingbacks in the Selfridges sale and after many people told me id been stupid to 'waste' all that money on a pair of shoes which i wouldnt wear often i returned them! i now regret returning them shoes so much and think about it a lot quite sadly! Gaud i need to get some bigger issues in my life!

ReputationRep:
    Keep it. Definitely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a shopaholic and a hoarder, so my advice is little bias, but I would definitely keep it.

I hardly ever throw away clothes. I bought a denim shirt dress about 4 years ago and at the time wore it about 3 times. I didn't want to throw it out, and my mother kept saying it's just taking up space, but when the safari look came back in, she ate her words.

Even if you don't wear it, think of your grandchildren finding it in your wardrobe, how happy they would be to find something vintage in perfect condition. (I do realise that this is not a good enough reason to keep it).

Really though, I think you should keep it.

ReputationRep:
    It's a gorgeous dress, so I'd probably keep it. But if you're having to ask people if you should, do you really want it that much?

definatly a keeper

ReputationRep:
    Wow, it's a gorgeous dress! Ok, so your mum may kill you. Ok, so you could put on a bit of weight when you go to uni. But to be honest, life is too short. You say that you can afford it in a round about way, so i say keep it!

And don't worry about looking too smart whilst wearing it, but so what? You can stand out, and literally be the belle of the ball! Keep it!

ReputationRep:
    I would take it back. Largely cause Monsoon has the same style dress for £20 in their sale shops on Mcarther glen and also its a lot of money for something you wont wear that often. Plus I guarntee you that when it comes to special occasions you wont always wear this one dress. You'll want a new one for each occassion. I got a new dresses for my freshers ball, snow balls, summer balls and had a dress made for graduation and now have 6 evening dresses that I'll never wear again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'd take it back. If it was a pair of shoes I'd keep them, but I wouldn't pay that much for a dress
    ahh shoes....a good pair will last you a life time

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to say, forget about what other people will wear and what they think, don't dress for other people, dress for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it... if you take it back you'll regret it, and it's your money not your mums so it's really none of her business. If that's all that's stopping you you should definitely keep it. It's gorgeous btw!

ReputationRep:
    I just tried it on again. It looks beautiful......I think I have to keep it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's a nice dress, but it doesn't look that special

ReputationRep:
    The picture doesn't really do it justice, to be honest. It's also not nearly as white as that, more cream really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    I just tried it on again. It looks beautiful......I think I have to keep it.

yay!

treat yourself, life is just too short!

ReputationRep:
    KEEP IT! Extravagance is great! Even my t-shirts cost £30 a pop!

ReputationRep:
    If I'd bought it, I wouldn't be able to bear taking it back. You say you can afford it and you want to keep it, so do!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will use it if you're off to uni so if you can afford to, keep it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'd take it back. If it was a pair of shoes I'd keep them, but I wouldn't pay that much for a dress
    Excuse the blokishness - but God almighty! Look at it logically - people care about what dress you're wearing, it can make a huge difference to your appearance. Shoes cannot. What is worth more?!

Females, eh? :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Excuse the blokishness - but God almighty! Look at it logically - people care about what dress you're wearing, it can make a huge difference to your appearance. Shoes cannot. What is worth more?!

Females, eh? :rolleyes:
    But shoes are gorgeous! And cheap shoes can wreck your feet. A cheap dress cannot.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.