Turn on thread page Beta

Keep the dress. You will only regret returning it if an occasion arises. Plus if you do wear it to a ball in the future chances are high that no one else will have it and that you will stand out. Blending in is not as good as having people tell you that you look great. As for the putting on weight issue if you try not to over eat then you wont and if you only put on a bit you can easily lose it. Thats what I have been telling myself with regard to being able to wear the dress I had made again in the future.

ReputationRep:
    And shoes are just so...you know. They're shoes! They matter! And they're so beautiful.

I'm not obessed with my shoes, I don't know why you'd think that.

ReputationRep:
    to origional poster...

the dress Is stunning inall honesty. Keep it i say.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it. It's gorgeous and should work fine for uni balls (even in out in the sticks ). Would you want to blend in if people are wearing "subtle black dresses"?

Speaking of extravegance, I just found there was a Harvey Nichols in Birmingham that was having a sale It's been a good weekend

ReputationRep:
    Will! You're not on MSN! :p:

I wanted to ask you yesterday, mainly because I knew you would say keep it!

ReputationRep:
    :p: I'm at work, no MSN. Have no internet in my new house But having a quiet hour at work 'cause I missed lunch hour

ReputationRep:
    I want to wear my pretty dress...

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, I have new formal(ish) thingy too. Found a *gorgeous* slightly preppy-style jacket yesterday - was looking for suit, but got bored. Need an excuse to wear it

ReputationRep:
    You do realise you're *almost* gay, yes? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :p: I would have done, if it wasn't for the *fantastic* sex I went back and had. Felt the need to reassert my heterosexuality after a hard days shopping. And that's a very important *almost*!

There's nothing that says I can't be straight and well-dressed. Besides, they had HN Amadei chocolates there too, it's not like I can resist going there...

ReputationRep:
    But if I hadn't met you I would hear you saying all these things in my head in a really camp voice. Will & Grace, anyone? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe... you do realise my best friend is nicknamed Grace? A few years ago we were playfighting and a girl (who I was marginally trying to chat up) just burst out "stop acting like you're goddam Will & Grace and sleep with each other already". It stuck. Was quite funny at the time to.

ReputationRep:
    You told me :p:

ReputationRep:
    :eviltongu

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.