Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    or just anything that looks alot like something popular. ok so this is me yesturday unpacking the washing
    'mum you got WKD!'
    'yes i told you i would get it'
    *pulls drink out of bag*
    'oh' *looks at VIB lable *

grrrrrr, ok so the point is, own brand love em? hate em?

ReputationRep:
    pardon

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Apparently, Asda's jaffa cakes are nicer than real ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    pardon

hiyaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    Asda diet cola is very good and only about £1.80 for 4 2-litre bottles :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Apparently, Asda's jaffa cakes are nicer than real ones!
    If you like eating processed cardboard.. Give me the Original McVities anyday.

ReputationRep:
    We did a taste thing in my old work once. They got the real brand, asda good stuff and asda crap stuff. I liked asda good stuff the best (without knowing which was which). I voted own brands are crappy but if you go to tesco or sainsburys and buy the own brands, but not the value stuff, it's actually really good, and anyway, when you're a poor student who cares?

Regarding alcohol, as long as you have lots of the stuff it doesn't matter too much. To be fair, we buy the cheapest bottle of wine possible, and once you're pissed, do you really care?

ReputationRep:
    The value cola is usually awful, I know the Asda SmartPrice stuff is - tastes like piss.

ReputationRep:
    well youve obviously been at the VIB if youre unpacking the washing

ReputationRep:
    The real thing.

ReputationRep:
    Myself and friends actually use "rolla cola" - the 15p Tesco Value coca-cola, to have "rolla cola" contests, whereby you have to drink the whole 2 litres bottle first. It's disgusting; you get really gassy and sick...anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I suppose they're alright on a day like this when you'll drink ANYTHING cold, but overall I really don't like them... no fizz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Myself and friends actually use "rolla cola" - the 15p Tesco Value coca-cola, to have "rolla cola" contests, whereby you have to drink the whole 2 litres bottle first. It's disgusting; you get really gassy and sick...anyway...
    I almost died laughing at that.. I think I'm too easily amused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    or just anything that looks alot like something popular. ok so this is me yesturday unpacking the washing
    'mum you got WKD!'
    'yes i told you i would get it'
    *pulls drink out of bag*
    'oh' *looks at VIB lable *

grrrrrr, ok so the point is, own brand love em? hate em?
    Where's the 'yes, more often than not they're made by mainstream manufacturers' option?

ReputationRep:
    Own brand beans are awful. Has to be heinz or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    well youve obviously been at the VIB if youre unpacking the washing
    oops i ment the shopping

ReputationRep:
    Some things can be really nice but there are just some things such as Heinz Beans and Coca-cola, that i have to have. As for alcohol, that really doesn't make a difference to me. Alcohol is alcohol. A £2 2litre bottle of cider is good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    WKD is rank... Maybe it's because I'm 19 now but I can't stand the stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I'll buy own brand stuff of pretty much anything *except* mayonnaise. Has to be Hellmann's

ReputationRep:
    Tesco value tuna is pretty good...and only about 24p I think. Lidl sparkling water is about 6p a bottle and doesn't taste any different to san pellegrino - I was sad enough to do a 'taste test' with my mum one day...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.