Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovemonkeys)
    Tesco value tuna is pretty good...and only about 24p I think. Lidl sparkling water is about 6p a bottle and doesn't taste any different to san pellegrino - I was sad enough to do a 'taste test' with my mum one day...
    lol, when my mum used to drink loads of water when i found out my dad bought it from lidl i got really pissed off cos its a crappy shop, but he was like no lucy im not buying it anywhere else, cos well water is water right?
    NO! WRONG volvic water is RANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Original post by blissy)
    Own brand beans are awful. Has to be heinz or nothing.
    Heinz are the best beans. None of the other brands taste anywhere near as nice.

ReputationRep:
    I cant eat anything own brand, and I have to drink evian water, anything else is just disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    Some stuff has to be brand like ketchup, beer, crisps and coke everything else is just the same. My boyf used to only eat brand stuff but after some rather fabulous scream matches in asda he's round to my way of thinking! :secruity:

(Original post by frost105)
    Some stuff has to be brand like ketchup, beer, crisps and coke everything else is just the same. My boyf used to only eat brand stuff but after some rather fabulous scream matches in asda he's round to my way of thinking! :secruity:
    I once won a four pack of tesco value larger. I didn't drink it.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe the snobby attitudes of some people here. A lot of the value stuff tends to be low quality crap but most own brand stuff is fine. Its often made in the same factories anyway. You just don't pay for all that marketing hype.

I am perfectly happily with the majority of own brand stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Myself and friends actually use "rolla cola" - the 15p Tesco Value coca-cola, to have "rolla cola" contests, whereby you have to drink the whole 2 litres bottle first. It's disgusting; you get really gassy and sick...anyway...
    I agree that stuff is disgusting, I also don't like Tesco's normal cola as I find it a bit too strong. However I am sure if you drank 2 litres of coca-cola you will feel the same.

I alsways feel a bit ill if I drink 1 litre of the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco makes value gin

ReputationRep:
    I almost died laughing at that.. I think I'm too easily amused
    lol. It is funny...in theory... :p:

I agree that stuff is disgusting, I also don't like Tesco's normal cola as I find it a bit too strong. However I am sure if you drank 2 litres of coca-cola you will feel the same.

I alsways feel a bit ill if I drink 1 litre of the stuff.
    I am actually a HUGE Coca-Cola fan! I drink about a litre of the stuff a day (literally), probably more than. I know, it's really bad for me, but I can't help it (I'm addicted to the caffiene).

But yeah, definitely, if I drank 2 litres of normal Coke all in one go I'd feel sick too. I never usually finish my two litres though...I'm a crap competitor, I always bail around a litre, feeling sick to burst. It's the guys that are the best...none of the girls ever do any good (note that this competition was, of course, invented by the blokes!). :p:

ReputationRep:
    Some own brands are nicer than popular brands. E.g. tesco baked beans are nicer than Heinz . Tesco crisps also used to be well nice, but they don't put as much flavour on anymore ... although Walkers are also stingy on flavour. Disco's are feeble compared to what they used to be - anyone remember the sachet of super-strong-flavour you could win for a few months? Awesome. Anyway... off the point . Some things you cannot tell the difference - get a carton of cheap orange juice - tastes exactly the same as the expensive stuff. It's only really the luxury stuff that tastes better, but the difference between regular own-brand and regular popular-brand is almost non-existant , in my opinion .

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.